PC Peripherals Upgrade PC or New Blu Ray Player for Blu Ray playback

Hello People,

I have a PS3 back in India, and I'm going back on Tuesday, with a intent that I will bring back my PS3, I have substantial blu ray titles back home and I'm gonna add to that, anyway point being I have to replace my PS3 with either

a) a PC capable of playing blu-ray with up to 5.1 channel surround or
b) get a blu ray player

Now I have 2 pc's back home -

Older one is P4 2.6ghz , 1 gb ram, 80 Gb hdd, FX5200 256Mb
Slightly Newer one is 4600X2 @ 2.7Ghz, 2Gb Ram, 7900GT 512 MB, 160Gb Raid 0,

Now I know neither cards are HDCP compliant, also I have a blu ray drive here with me that I can add to either computers, so now I can add a hdcp compliant card to play back bluray along wit a sound card which has a optical out that can be connected to my home theater.

or I can buy a blu ray player and which serves all of the above. So which is a better and cheaper option from above?

sites to look for hardware are

bestbuy.com and
target.com

I need some quick suggestions, as I'll have to get either stuff from local best buy or somthing by tomo. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Just get a Blu-Ray player. Too many variables in the PC Blu-Ray equation, and I'm assuming there won't be too many people who know how to run the entire PC Blu-Ray thingamajig. Just hook up a standalone, press some buttons on the remote, and you're good to go.

Back