CPU/Mobo Upgrade pc - urgent help needed

Hi friends

I have a desktop pc with AMD 635 processor, Gigabyte am3+ mobo, 4 gb corsair 1600 mhz ram, 430x corsair smps, 1tb hdd, dell 21 inch monitor.

Recently my mobo started giving problems and when I checked with repairs, they say it's repair costs ₹1200. Please suggest if I should buy another mobo, processor, cd drive and ram or just get it repaired as I use pc for doing normal work like seeing movies and ms office and my son does his studies on it.

If new parts like mobo, processor n ram, then please give suggestions for it with on board graphics and slot for future expansion. I will keep other parts same.

Budget - normal say 10k - 12k for these 3 items

Need to decide by tomorrow as my son exams starts from 7th Jan.

Don't really understand the need for a b450m mobo when an a320 will do the same job.
Do you mean this mobo

Mobo

Currently intel 10100 is costing around 10800/-, how much higher speed it has compared to 3200g as it is costing 8800/- and which is best place to buy, Online or offline, I live in Delhi.

Any old processor or mobo available?

Do you mean this mobo

Mobo

Currently intel 10100 is costing around 10800/-, how much higher speed it has compared to 3200g as it is costing 8800/- and which is best place to buy, Online or offline, I live in Delhi.

Any old processor or mobo available?
2200g & 3200g is available on a deal on mdcomputers and way less than offline prices right now.

User benchmarks website is known to show poorer intel CPUs as better than much more powerful amd CPUs so check other places for comparisons

Hi friends

I have a desktop pc with AMD 635 processor, Gigabyte am3+ mobo, 4 gb corsair 1600 mhz ram, 430x corsair smps, 1tb hdd, dell 21 inch monitor.

Recently my mobo started giving problems and when I checked with repairs, they say it's repair costs ₹1200. Please suggest if I should buy another mobo, processor, cd drive and ram or just get it repaired as I use pc for doing normal work like seeing movies and ms office and my son does his studies on it.

If new parts like mobo, processor n ram, then please give suggestions for it with on board graphics and slot for future expansion. I will keep other parts same.

Budget - normal say 10k - 12k for these 3 items

Need to decide by tomorrow as my son exams starts from 7th Jan.
do not repaired it, get new, my experience with repaired product (either mobile or motherboard or PSU) is very very bad and loss of money + loss of mental peace.

yes, if any of your hardware are from 2011 pre years then you can try.

Last edited:
Now my new rig will have AMD 3200G + 8GB Corsair 3200 mhz and Gig A320 mobo (Cost: Rs.16000/- from Nehru Place) with any of the suggested cabinets. My son selected these cabinets using youtube. Rest will be taken from my old PC which had 2TB hdd.

Final thing to find out is about the cabinet out of the following:

ICE 200TG (Rs.2500/-)

ICE 511 mt (Rs.3500/-)

ICE 211tg (Rs.2800/-)

Ant eSports ICE 300 tg (Rs.3000/-)

or last one

Chiptronex GX3000 (Rs.3300/-)
Old mobo was repaired and will be sold with processor and ram online.

Last edited:
for Cabinet go with Branded one only. If budget is limited select simple one (less fancy) but Branded only.

I have cooler master bought in 2011 and even after rigid use for last 10 years, only 2 out of 4 front usb port stop working.
While for secondary system I go with cheap circle brand and just within 1 year of very very low use, 2 out of 4 front usb port stop working & power switch died for no reason

Back