PC Peripherals Upgrade:- Ram,Proccy,Mobo

Aniruddh

Adept
Hi,my cousin planning to upgrade his rig,currently he is using Intel Q35 mobo,E5200,2GB 667Mhz ram, 250GTS gpu,20' LCD.

He wants to upgrade his Ram,Proccy and mobo so would like to have suggestions for the same.His budget is around 20k-22k for the 3 items.

He will be using it mostly for Gaming,surfing,music etc.

That is a such a nice combo :) Wait for i5 and see how it fares along the Phenom II.

Selling that would be noit good for now. Work with it for few months. or if he is adamant he can get a very powerful Phenom II rig.3 items as in ? CPU/Mb and Ram ? If yes here is a small rig

Phenom II X3 720 BE - > 7.5k

Gigabyte 770UD3P if available else Biostar T790GX Am3 -> 6k

4Gb kit from KMD OCZ AMd Platinum for 4k or get Transcend locally DDR3 -> 4k

Well i have already asked him to wait but he aint listening he want to upgrade this week only,and he dont want AMD only intel.

^^Thats sheer waste . Spending in LGA775 is waste, and if you have a decent processor like E5200 on hand its non sense.

Tell him to buy Am3 or wait for LGA 1156 :)

Thanks for the inputs,Does i7 setup make sense at this point of time with 30-32k budget?if yes then please suggest proccy will be 920 but which motherboard and ram?

thanks

C2D E7500

Gigabyte P45 UD3L

2x2 DDR2 1066MHz Corsair

this is what he is getting finally as i have asked him not to spend much on 775 Socket and as he wont be able to spend more then 22k so there is no way he getting a i7 rig.though would like to know how good this setup ill be?was looking for Either E8400 or E8500 but its not available have asked many dealers so settling for E7500.other option is Q8400 what say?

No point in buying that- it's not an upgrade imho considering what he already has. :|

He already has that imho- juts that hee need to look at it in the right way. :)

Actually he doesn't need to upgrade for now just as you didn't need to. :)

The thing is he'll be using his current rig for his office use so need another one for gaming,surfing etc at home thats why he need a new one urgently.

Back