Monitors Upgrade Suggestion From Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW

Hi currently I am using SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER 2033SW monitor and I am looking for a upgrade it into full HD monitor. I liked DELL S2340L monitor. The only problem that i'm seeing there with me it is glossy finished. I like matte finish more for my use.... Can you guys please suggest me a good monitor within that price range.... What about LG 23MP55HQ 23 inch LED Backlit LCD Monitor.

Thank You All In Advance....

Thank you. Is there any quality difference between dell s2240l and lg 23mp55hq? Cause my friends are telling me that dell's monitors image quality are better and sharper than lg one. So plz help me to choose right one. Thank u... And can u post some image quality from your monitor using cam. That will be very helpful for me.

What about the picture quality, If we compare it with S2240L/M OR S2340L/M. Anyone know S2340M available in kolkata or not?

Last edited by a moderator:
panel_coatings2.jpeg

This is a view of the pixels in an LCD monitor.
AG = Anti-glare/matte finish. As you can see an AG coating adds a bit of blurriness to the pixels. So there will obviously be a reduction in sharpness with a matte display. Its a trade-off and you need to decide which is more important to you.

Source : http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/panel_coating.htm

Thank you for your reply Crazy_Eddy. From that can i can assume that the quality of 23MP55HQ will be almost same as DELL U2312HM? As both of them using matte finish with AH-IPS... Thank you once again...

The U2312HM uses a 6-bit eIPS panel. No idea if the AH-IPS panel in the 23MP55HQ is 6 or 8 bit, but in general AH-IPS is newer and slightly better than eIPS. AH-IPS panels also tend to have a lighter matte coating. Of course it also depends on how well the colours are calibrated at the factory.

Hmmm so 2340 usage eips or ah-ips? Anyways thanks for your support. I think we can calibrate color later right? Then i will go for lg as i am getting same image quality as dell.

Today I have purchased this product from Vedant Computers (Kolkata) for rupees 10300 plus 350 for HDMI cable. And the quality is nothing compared to DELL S2340L or S2240L. I will recommend you don't go for this product rather go for DELL. The color reproduction is worst i have ever seen. White look blue-ish and black is kind off whitey black...

Well i have talked with the shopkeeper after i connected my computer with my pc. And the display quality is worst than my old Samsung SyncMaster monitor... He told me to call him tomorrow if replace is possible.... Well lets see. I don't want to use this monitor... My bad luck i haven't purchased this product from flipkart otherwise i can ask for refund. Don't know is there any policy under local shop for refunding or not.

Today I have purchased this product from Vedant Computers (Kolkata) for rupees 10300 plus 350 for HDMI cable. And the quality is nothing compared to DELL S2340L or S2240L.
Can you post some pics of both the LG 23MP55 and the S2340L monitors side-by-side and connected to your PC?

1. Are you sure you got the right model? There's a 23" TN panel too.
2. Which GPU are you using? IIRC there was some issue with the colour space being used over HDMI for nvidia GPUs.
Edit : Link to one example - http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90500
Edit2 : Connect via VGA to check if the HDMI connection is the issue
3. As a last resort, reset your monitor settings and play around with modes.

Last edited:
I don't own a 2340l actually. My friend own a s2240l. Which one is superior quality than my monitor as far as i can say... I have checked with vga cable having same issue. Also in nvidia control panel, hdcp is not supported by my monitor is reported... I don't know what to do now. It will be better if shopkeeper change my monitor with 2340L or refund my money...

5YTENTam.jpeg

I am using Gtx 650Ti Boost. And the model is 23mp55hq - p.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure, there should be text saying 'IPS LED series' in the corner. Plus as per the specs, the panel supports HDCP too (not that it matters anyway). No pics of your nvidia control panel?

Edit: Your camera is probably blowing out the text. Can't figure out if the display is bad or if its the camera. Get a replacement or run it at your dealer's place to figure out whats wrong.

Last edited:
I use LG 22MP55HQ-P connected with HDMI. It has good picture clarity, good colors & good viewing angles. I use this IPS monitor together with a small LG TN panel monitor. IPS monitor has 100 times better picture than the TN monitor. I had tried Dell S2240L & I can say the only difference between 22MP55HQ & Dell S2240 is matte vs glossy finish. Only issue with my monitor is 'IPS glow' which is actually a characteristic of IPS monitors.

I have replace the monitor with a cpu, motherboard, ram for my friend as S2430L not available in entire chadni market. And snapdeal not providing monitor delivery to my location... Any idea from where i can buy S2340M/L?

Back