Graphic Cards Upgrade to ATi 4870 or GTX 260 ???

Poor guy came to change his GPU and ended up with a new system....lol...

On a more serios note I agree with Rockefella thts a good upgrade path right there

rahulyo said:
Hi friends ...

Need advise about upgrade ...

I decide to sale my Palit 4850 Sonic and buy new card but confuse between 4870 1Gb and GTX 260 core 216....

Which is good ???

Is it right time to upgrade or not ???

First thing you should upgrade is your monitor to atleast a 22 incher. Then your 4850 sonic would be performing to its full potential. Along with the monitor, I would also upgrade the cpu to a higher core 2 duo (e8400+) or quad core.

If you just upgrade the gpu, you won't see much performance improvement if any.

just hold on to ur card till the end of the year ........... i guess 4850 should be more than capable of handling games that r cmg out this year at the resolution what ur playing at .......... later u can think of upgrading to the gt 300 or the 5870 what ever crap they

Thanx guys ....

I decide to upgrade path as follows :-

1. E5200

2. 2X2 GB Transcend 800MHz RAM

3. 22" LCD but don't know which one??? Budget Max 10K

Pls help me to choose LCD ...

Seriously.. no need to replace 4850, when other parts of your system are far behind in performance..

1. E5200
2. 2X2 GB Transcend 800MHz RAM
3. 22" LCD but don't know which one??? Budget Max 10K
^^^
Wise decision, also still you wud need to overclock your proccy.. a litle, your Ram went kaput 'cause you did something wrong obviously.. see some overclocking guide or better ask for settings(moderate overclocking) here based on your mobo.. regarding monitor, both are praised heavily.. samsung service is ok if you are in a city, no idea about benq..

for monitor u can try HP 2309m 23" fullHD with DVI & HDMI.found image quality to be better than Samsung 2233SW.had ordered for the Samsung but ended up buying the HP.

hellgate said:
for monitor u can try HP 2309m 23" fullHD with DVI & HDMI.found image quality to be better than Samsung 2233SW.had ordered for the Samsung but ended up buying the HP.

wht is the price ???

Back