Budget 0-20k upgrade under 10k

Q: What is your budget?

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

• amd athlonx2

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
monitor viewsonic va1703
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

• CPU - Intel g620
  • Motherboard - need suggestions
  • ram
  • smps

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

• no upgrades in near future

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

• thrissur ,kerala
  • dont want to buy from online

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

• No

[FONT=Verdana, 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware[/FONT]

• [FONT=Verdana, 'Segoe UI', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]photo processing (5 to 10 hours in a week)[/FONT]
  • Browsing
  • Desktop Processing

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

• no

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

• no gaming

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1. Desktop - 1440x900

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

• no

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

• Windows 7 64 bit
  • Linux - ubuntu
  • may be hackintosh

Recently my motherboard stopped working and its difficult to get a replacement ,so i am planing to upgrade my motherboard , processor, ram and smps.i decided to go for intel g620and i my city there are few choices for motherboard , only few models of intel ,asus,foxcon,asrock and biostar is available.
could you please suggest me a good entry level motherboard with pci slots and if possible an hdmi slot . And how good is adata ram most of the dealers recommend it other brands available are zeon and corsair i used to have 2gb ram in my old system will 4gb be sufficient or shall i go for a 8gb ram . they also say that a common smps like zebronics and mercury smps are enough for ntry level system is it worth spending 2000 extra on a smps from corsair or coolermaster ?.
and one more question is ups essential for protection of system will the components get damaged if operated without ups ?

CPU => G620 = 3.6k
Mobo => Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H = 4.3k (fulfills your requirement of HDMI + USB 3.0)
RAM => Corsair Value Select = 1.3k
SMPS => Corsair CX 430v2 = 2.8k

Total = ~12k (Source = flipkart.com; you may get some components cheaper on some other online sites or locally)

This is the best you can get in this budget.

Intel G620-3.3k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k OR Gigabyte G61M D2H-3.4k
Corsair Value Ram 2X2GB-1.2k
Any Circle Case OR Zebronics Bijli-1.2k
Corsair CX430V2-2.4k OR FSP SagaII 400W-1.8k madhukannan,
Here are answers to your queries
-
1.4GB Ram is enough for your requirements,You can add 4GB ram later if you want but 4GB is good enough.
2.It'd be better you invest in a quality PSU like Corsair CX430V2,You won't have any trouble with psu and it'll be worth it as it'll run smoothly for 3-4 years.It comes with 3 years warranty so you're secured,You can also add GPU to your rig on this PSU.
3.The Gigabyte B75 mobo is VFM within that budget with features-1600mhz Ram support,PCI EXP X16 slots,USB 3.0 support,DVI and HDMI Connectivity.So your requirements are fulfilled within budget.
4.Getting UPS would be better as power cut can be harmful to components so get APC 600VA-2.2k,It'll give you good 15min backup to your system.
Hope this helps.:)

Intel G620-3.3k
Gigabyte B75M D3H-4.5k OR Gigabyte G61M D2H-3.4k
Corsair Value Ram 2X2GB-1.2k
Any Circle Case OR Zebronics Bijli-1.2k
Corsair CX430V2-2.4k OR FSP SagaII 400W-1.8k madhukannan,
Here are answers to your queries
-
1.4GB Ram is enough for your requirements,You can add 4GB ram later if you want but 4GB is good enough.
2.It'd be better you invest in a quality PSU like Corsair CX430V2,You won't have any trouble with psu and it'll be worth it as it'll run smoothly for 3-4 years.It comes with 3 years warranty so you're secured,You can also add GPU to your rig on this PSU.
3.The Gigabyte B75 mobo is VFM within that budget with features-1600mhz Ram support,PCI EXP X16 slots,USB 3.0 support,DVI and HDMI Connectivity.So your requirements are fulfilled within budget.
4.Getting UPS would be better as power cut can be harmful to components so get APC 600VA-2.2k,It'll give you good 15min backup to your system.
Hope this helps.:)

For budget builds iball cabinets are great, without smps cost around 1-1.1k quality is better than all others in the price range.

Back