puns

Staff member
Super Mod
The current configuration is Dell 560s Inspiron Desktop:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200S
ATI Radeon HD 4350
Power Supply : 250 W
4 GB Ram.
Cabinet : 14.8" X 6.93" X 17.44" ( Height X Width X Depth ) Inspiron 560s Slim Desktop | Dell India
Monitor: 24"S2409Wb

Components looking to Upgrade:
PSU
Graphics Card with HDMI

Components looking to Add to the System:
Sound Card (to use with my Logitech Z 5500)

Budget: Rs. 20,000 for PSU, GPU and Sound Card.

Queries:

1. What PSU will fit in the cabinet of the specifications.
2. I am going to sell of the monitor and go for a 32" LCD TV with the new setup. So want to upgrade my GPU accordingly.

Thanks.

^^

You'll need to consult Dell Direct Service or risk voiding your warranty and other Dell services.

I doubt you'll get a card that fits into such a small form-factor PC and will need to keep the cabinet open at all times. For PSU you need a

FSP Saga II 400W ~ 2100/- TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!FSP Saga II 400W Power Supply - TheITWares
Sapphire HD 5670 Vapor X edition / HIS IceQ HD 5670 (512 MB) ~ 5300/- (plays most curent gen games at low-medium settings), inclusive shipping. TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!Sapphire Radeon HD5670 1GB DDR5 PCI-E 2.0 Graphics Card - TheITWares

I'm not aware of acoustic sub-systems so no comments on the sound card. Hope this helps.

i know of the warranty. will be keeping the original psu n gpu as a backup.

i thought i can do better than 5670 in terms of fitting in the cabinet. Will research on gpu card sizes and lengths to see if something better than 5670 can be accommodated.

Back