Laptops Upgrading Dell XPS M1330 (RAM + Windows) Or Sell off?

bond_bhai

Disciple
Hello,
I am planning to upgrade my Dell XPS M1330 Lappy. It currently has 2GB RAM and i am planning to go for 4GB (2x2GB RAM).
1. I am planning for 2 2GB sticks - "DDR2 667"
2. Where do i buy it from (I am from Bangalore).
3. Win7 upgrade, Should i go for 32bit or 64bit?

Can i upgrade to 64bit Windows 7 with 2GB RAM? Also, if i need to sell this, how much could i expect :) Its a 3year old Lappy. Please help me out.

Thanks,
BB

I'm still using my trusty M1330. I recommend getting 4 Gigs of RAM and maybe a 7200 rpm drive. You can easily source the RAM/HDD online .

64bit Windows is the way to go.

you lucky guys not to order the m1330 with the nvidia curse :p

me here on the otherside am scared of even doing the windows updates in case it screws-up my OOW laptop and i'm left with a 60k paperweight.

although dell has been kind enough to give me a motherboard replacement out of generosity. :D

I'm using a nVidia GPU kitted M1330. If your laptops going to die.. not installing updates or anything of the sort will not save it. Just try and keep it in a well ventilated location to minimise heat buildup.

As for the OP's query; yes those sticks should work fine I'm using the same sticks in my M1330.

Thanks a lot guys!

This is the third year, Replaced motherboard - only once! :)

I am also thinking of upgrading the "Heat Sink" - 2 Table fans, one Ceiling Fan and Industrial powered A/c - all for Nvidia 8400Gs!

Back