Budget 21-30k Upgrading existing setup

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
*What is your budget?

~ 25 - 30K

* What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

* CPU - i5 3500
* Motherboard - Gigabyte B75-M D3H
* GPU - Nvidia 660Ti Zotac AMP!
* RAM - GSkill Sniper 1600MHz DDR3 4GBx4 (16 GB)
* Monitor - Dell G2410H 1920x1080
* PSU - Corsair VX550
* KB - Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard
* Mouse - Logitec G402
* HDD - WD Blue 1TB, WD Green 2TBx2, Seagate 500GB
* SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
* Cabinet - Cooler Master N500
* Speakers - BOSE companion 20

* Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

* CPU - i5 3500
* Motherboard - Gigabyte B75-M D3H
* RAM - GSkill Sniper 1600MHz DDR3 4GBx4 (16 GB)
* Monitor - Dell G2410H 1920x1080
* PSU - Corsair VX550

* Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

* GPU - undecided within 15-16k
* Case - Compact micro atx case
* Storage devices - will move to SSD + hdd combo
* Input Devices - Wireless keyboard and mouse

* Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Final

* Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

* Mumbai/Amazon

* Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

* Yes

* What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

* Gaming
* General purpose HTPC

* Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

No

* If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

* FPS titles

* What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

3. Gaming - 1920x1080
4. Desktop - 1920x1080

* Are you looking to overclock?

* No

* Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

* Windows 7/10 64 bit

Additional Notes:

I need the following:

* Very compact case with small footprint which can house a ATi 570/Nvidia 1660 + a micro atx motherboard
* No fancy lights
* I intend to connect it to my 40 inch LED tv in the living room and has to be small enough to fit some where and be unobtrusive

Purpose:

* Basic FPS gaming + HTPC
* I have the option of selling the entire desktop and getting a gaming laptop but then nothing really is good in 50k-55k for what I have in mind
* I am assuming my current i5 3300 + Gigabyte B75 + 16gb GSKILL Ram is good enough for 1080p gaming now

I have the option of selling the entire desktop and getting a gaming laptop but then nothing really is good in 50k-55k for what I have in mind

Asus TUF goes for 55K in sales. AFAIK, it goes with Ryzen proccy, GTX 1650 and 120Hz screen.

Have you taken a look at the FireCuda or even or NVE and SSD drives for your build?

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

Last edited by a moderator:
sold off the monitor and other stuff along with the GPU - kept the core system as it is and got a Gefore 1660 GTX 6GB. Connected it to the 42 inch LED in the living room. I also bought a Logitech MK345 wireless keyboard along with a Logitech G304 wireless gaming mouse.

Back