Yo yo yo,

Current build

CPU: i5 7600
GPU: GTX 1060 3gb Gigabyte
RAM: 16 GB 2400 mhz need to search for mfg name
Motherboard: B250m Mortar Artic
PSU: Antec NE550M Modular 550W
Cabinet: Ant Esports ICE-311MT

I have a stock cooler pretty shit I think, feeling it might be the reason for some bottleneck. My temps are constantly 90C (it has been 90C during gaming since more than 1-2 years lol)

I ordered Deepcool LS520 SE 240 mm] cause I am planning to get Ryzen 7 7800x3d down the line and currently I thought fixing my cooling would solve stuttering (esp in CS2) and better performance in Apex Legends etc.

But I can cancel the order and maybe even return it, so have like 10 days time frame. Is the choice of my AIO good? If not please tell me what should I order after cancelling it, i was confused between Noctua d15 but i didn't see AM5 support specifically so I chose this.

Also, what should I be upgrading first to give a huge performance bump?

Thanks!

I think you should first try replacing the thermal paste and see if that solves your issue.

Regarding cooler, the AK620/AG620 offers similar performance to a 240mm AIO, but costs lesser

Use MSI Afterburner to see if you are getting CPU or GPU bottlenecked, and upgrade accordingly

Current build
OMG your build is so similar to what I had! (see sale thread here)

I think you should first try replacing the thermal paste and see if that solves your issue.
I agree, check the obvious stuff first - make sure your cooler fans are turning freely, make sure your cabinet has plenty of fresh air, if there are any peels or objects blocking the airflow, fix those.

Regarding cooler, the AK620/AG620 offers similar performance to a 240mm AIO, but costs lesser

Use MSI Afterburner to see if you are getting CPU or GPU bottlenecked, and upgrade accordingly
Thermal paste thing I did like three times over last 3 years no visible improvement.

I looked into those coolers, they seem to not fit in my cabinet. Esp AK620 seems too huge. They both give same performance?! (AIO vs aircooler!)

I also checked MSI afterburner, for Apex 100% CPU usage and GPU not used 100%, but case is different for other games. So mix of both

OMG your build is so similar to what I had! (see sale thread here)

I agree, check the obvious stuff first - make sure your cooler fans are turning freely, make sure your cabinet has plenty of fresh air, if there are any peels or objects blocking the airflow, fix those.
Ahh yes very similar. For how much did you sell GPU? Thinking to sell it down the line.

My aircooler one pin is broken but it's not wonky. And the glass of cabinet broke so its open like us wearing Lungis, mast hawa andar jaati hai.

My aircooler one pin is broken but it's not wonky.
There's the culprit. The pins/screws aren't there just to hold the cooler in place, they need to be tight enough to apply a specific amount of pressure on the CPU to ensure good contact, else cooling will be less than ideal

I looked into those coolers, they seem to not fit in my cabinet. Esp AK620 seems too huge. They both give same performance?! (AIO vs aircooler!)
Yeah these new air coolers are not only really good, but also more affordable compared to something like NH D15. But yeah they won't fit in all cases

I also checked MSI afterburner, for Apex 100% CPU usage and GPU not used 100%, but case is different for other games. So mix of both
So upgrading CPU will give you some fps gain, probably moving the bottleneck to GPU. Apex and other "recent" games rely more on CPU than older ones like CS. But you won't really need something like 7800x3d, I'd suggest going for a cheaper CPU and using the money saved towards GPU for a more well balanced system

7800x3D doesn't need an AIO. It's an efficient CPU and power draw is mostly around 70-80 watts. Air cooler is more than enough for it. I would recommend canceling the order.

Since your components are fairly old, upgrading one any one component will not give you a huge performance boost, 20% at best. I would recommend upgrading the CPU first.

If you're set on a 7800x3D, you can go for it. But make sure you actually need it. If you don't play games which are CPU heavy, then you won't see a significant difference as compared to a Ryzen 5 7600x. Check some youtube videos. If you're playing at 1440p High settings, the difference in average FPS between 7600x and 7800x3D is about 10%. That may or may not be worth 15k based on your preferences. So take your call accordingly.

Adding to what gourav said, combined with how many potential issues liquid cooling can run into - you should only go for it for aesthetics/personal preference. 7800x3d is insanely power efficient for the kind of performance it can offer.

There's the culprit. The pins/screws aren't there just to hold the cooler in place, they need to be tight enough to apply a specific amount of pressure on the CPU to ensure good contact, else cooling will be less than ideal

Yeah these new air coolers are not only really good, but also more affordable compared to something like NH D15. But yeah they won't fit in all cases

So upgrading CPU will give you some fps gain, probably moving the bottleneck to GPU. Apex and other "recent" games rely more on CPU than older ones like CS. But you won't really need something like 7800x3d, I'd suggest going for a cheaper CPU and using the money saved towards GPU for a more well balanced system
Yeah the screw is broken broken lol. Need to get new one.
Looking at other comments thinking to cancel AIO and order Aircooler - idm getting NH D15 but on site it doesn't say it supports AM5.
Plan is 7800x3d + 3070 something similar and later upgrade to even newer gen without needing to upgrade CPU

7800x3D doesn't need an AIO. It's an efficient CPU and power draw is mostly around 70-80 watts. Air cooler is more than enough for it. I would recommend canceling the order.

Since your components are fairly old, upgrading one any one component will not give you a huge performance boost, 20% at best. I would recommend upgrading the CPU first.

If you're set on a 7800x3D, you can go for it. But make sure you actually need it. If you don't play games which are CPU heavy, then you won't see a significant difference as compared to a Ryzen 5 7600x. Check some youtube videos. If you're playing at 1440p High settings, the difference in average FPS between 7600x and 7800x3D is about 10%. That may or may not be worth 15k based on your preferences. So take your call accordingly.
Yep cancelling the order, can you suggest good AIO?
I like this one https://elitehubs.com/products/noctua-nh-d15-cpu-air-cooler but it doesn't say it will support AM5.

Also 7800x3D basically for future proofing, ik there is no such thing as "future proof" but maybe I would buy 3070 2nd hand next year then upgrade to something better when I have 4k screen. Currently will be doing stuff on 1080 only.

Really confused tbh about what CPU to choose cause i am dicey that 4k brings that much of improvement so idk.

Anyway currently need a cooler that for sure will be needed in future, so should I go for AK620/AG620 or NH D15?

Never rely on specifications on e-commerce sites. They're not invested enough in getting those details right, always check the brand site.

Since the stack-up height (height of the CPU and socket combined) as well as the backplate threads and their pattern are identical on AM4 and AM5, all Noctua coolers and mounting kits that support AM4 are upwards compatible with socket AM5, except the NH-L9a-AM4 and the NM-AM4-L9aL9i.

Never rely on specifications on e-commerce sites. They're not invested enough in getting those details right, always check the brand site.

I see. So it would work.

Should I get this Noctua, or should I go for cheaper AK620/AG620?

Personally, I don't think 4k is worth it for gaming. 1440p is good enough for 27-32" at monitor distance. But this is very personal and you might feel differently.

Current gen cards also do fairly well at 1440p, while most struggle to maintain good FPS at 4k. You'll mostly be falling back on DLSS and FSR for 4k.

If you're looking for a used card, I'd recommend getting a 3080 or 3080Ti instead of 3070. 3080 is a more capable card and also comes with 12 GB of VRAM, making it more likely to last long.

If you're constrained for budget on the GPU front, then Ryzen 7600 + 3080 is going to give you much better overall results than 7800x3D + 3070.

I see. So it would work.

Get the AK620. Performs as well as the D15, for a cheaper cost. Also, the D15 only comes with one fan, and not two.

I have a 7800X3D + D15. A good air cooler is good enough. AIO is for aesthetics with that chip.

All AM4 coolers will work on AM5. My D15 is old (2015). Had bought an AM4 mounting kit and was good to go.

Also, the D15 only comes with one fan, and not two.
D15S is the single fan version which has better compatibility for tall RAM sticks

All AM4 coolers will work on AM5. My D15 is old (2015). Had bought an AM4 mounting kit and was good to go.
If the cooler utilizes the AM4 clip mechanism, then it is compatible with AM5.
But if your cooler needs the clips to be removed and screwed on to a separate backplate, then you need specific AM5 compatibility, which is basically screws that match the non-removable AM5 backplate.

Some pics and more info here

IMO don't buy AIO, unless you are ready to accept that it is a consumable, is for aesthetics & not long lasting like an air cooler. Deepcool AK620 is enough to cool 7800X3D. Check Gamers Nexus review. Your cabinet has 160mm CPU clearance & AK620 is 160mm high, so likely will fit.

I hope you are running OS from SSD, if not that's the first time that I will upgrade that will make a noticeable difference, not much in gaming except loading times.

Otherwise, I will recommend buying CPU, mobo & RAM together. Do not spend on 7800X3D if you plan to buy like a 35k GPU in future. Better get R5 7600 + 4070/7800XT in that case for a much better gaming performance. New PSU will be required with a new GPU. 1440p gaming is a good place to be, 4K is too expensive, need at least an RTX 4080.

AG620 is basically same as AK620 in performance and decently cheaper. It does not have as many reviews, so people don't recommend it as often.
If buying AK620, consider AG620. That's more than enough for 7800X3D, i am using it. And should be enough for 5600x/7600x/5800x3d.

There is also cooler master 620S which is even cheaper and should probably be comparable. Just watch out for low ram clearance, low profile ram might be ok.
Ram i bought certainly would have had issues with this one.

If you're constrained for budget on the GPU front, then Ryzen 7600 + 3080 is going to give you much better overall results than 7800x3D + 3070.
Unless you are an e sports guy and are looking for very high refresh rates at low settings, or you don't have budget constraint - above makes a ton of sense.
I use 3080, and 7800x3D is basically overkill even for that.
If i had to chose between above two, then 7600 + 3080used/4070/7800xt is what i would buy too.

IMO don't buy AIO, unless you are ready to accept that it is a consumable, is for aesthetics & not long lasting like an air cooler. Deepcool AK620 is enough to cool 7800X3D. Check Gamers Nexus review. Your cabinet has 160mm CPU clearance & AK620 is 160mm high, so likely will fit.

I hope you are running OS from SSD, if not that's the first time that I will upgrade that will make a noticeable difference, not much in gaming except loading times.

Otherwise, I will recommend buying CPU, mobo & RAM together. Do not spend on 7800X3D if you plan to buy like a 35k GPU in future. Better get R5 7600 + 4070/7800XT in that case for a much better gaming performance. New PSU will be required with a new GPU. 1440p gaming is a good place to be, 4K is too expensive, need at least an RTX 4080.
Yep, only have SSD so OS is on SSD.

So you suggest of buying CPU + Mobo over GPU based on my current specs right?

I am thinking of buying AG620 since seems cheaper and has similar performance as tracer_bullet mentioned (I researched a bit too)

Then maybe I get 7600/7700 ^^

AG620 is basically same as AK620 in performance and decently cheaper. It does not have as many reviews, so people don't recommend it as often.
If buying AK620, consider AG620. That's more than enough for 7800X3D, i am using it. And should be enough for 5600x/7600x/5800x3d.

There is also cooler master 620S which is even cheaper and should probably be comparable. Just watch out for low ram clearance, low profile ram might be ok.
Ram i bought certainly would have had issues with this one.

Unless you are an e sports guy and are looking for very high refresh rates at low settings, or you don't have budget constraint - above makes a ton of sense.
I use 3080, and 7800x3D is basically overkill even for that.
If i had to chose between above two, then 7600 + 3080used/4070/7800xt is what i would buy too.
Agreed that AG620 is almost similar sans the aesthetics.

CM 620S just lacks reviews, hence I recommend AK620/AG620.

Edit: I didn't notice that AG620 is as low as 4.1k these days.

Agreed that AG620 is almost similar sans the aesthetics.

CM 620S just lacks reviews, hence I recommend AK620/AG620.

Edit: I didn't notice that AG620 is as low as 4.1k these days.
1700059968392.png

What's the diff between these two, konsa mangau?
Is se cheaper h kidhar? I think primeadgb pe cheaper h but packaging costs lagate plus aftersale service amazon>>

Back