CPU/Mobo Upgrading help

nitinshar1

Disciple
moderators please help,
I have four computers & here are configs
processor system model main circuit board
3 nos intel celeron633Mhz PCCHIPS M766MR Board: PCCHIPSM766MR V50 , 128 MB SDRAM
(socket 370) BUS CLOCK: 66Mhz
BIOS : AMERICAN MEGATREND INC
62710 07/15/97
1 No.INTEL PIII 733 Mhz VIA VT8601 Board: 8601-686A/B , 128MB SDRAM
BUS CLOCK: 133Mhz
(socket 370) BIOS: AWARD INC 6.00PG
01/17/2002
Actually I know less about mobo config.
I run cybercafe these system run ok on internet but i want them little faster for celeron can i go for higher end celeron/PIII(USED) but i dont know motherboard will support it or not?
OR should i increase ram will that work ?
I know these r obselete technology & you people doesnot like to comment but i request u all to help me .
god will help u in getting your goals. thanx

I doubt whether you can find the parts to upgrade your configuration besides relying on 2nd/3rd hand parts from the market.

The best solution for your case, in my opinion would be to approach various IT companies, ISPs, training centers, etc. which sell off old computers/parts at cheap rates when they are in the process of upgrading their systems. You might get lucky and get a good deal on those.

I cannot suggest a generic configuration as the type of systems available would vary; but you should go for systems with a minimum of 512 MB RAM, so that your customers can browse 5 to 6 sites without slwoing down the PC. Browsers these days (especially Firefox) use up a lot of memory.

I hope this helps!

:)It also depends on what you plan to spend to upgrade...As already mentioned if you find companies selling of their old stuff( a friend of mine got a full p4 comp with monitor for 2500 once).

If you are lucky you might get such deals...

Otherwise the parts you mention are very hard to find even second hand since these are 6 to 7 years old.

E.g you have sdram..

After that came ddr ram then ddr2 and now we are seeing ddr3 :)

Back