CPU/Mobo Upgrading my current System

chokhu1585

Disciple
Hello friends,

I have my current system as below. My motherboard gone Kaput so thinking of upgrading system as I dont know whether LGA 775 socket motherboards now a days available or not.

Main components I would like to upgrade are Processor Mobo and RAM. Details provided below as per format. So please suggest as soon as possible.

Also do my current PSU will support or it also needs upgrade.

Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - Intel E8400
    • Motherboard - ASUS P5ND
    • GPU - Nvidia GT250
    • RAM - GSkill 2X2 GB DDR2 800 MHz
    • Monitor - Viewsonic VX1940W 19"
    • PSU - Cooler Master Extreme Power 600 W
    • Western Digital CavierGreen 1 TB HDD
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • GPU - Nvidia GT250
    • Monitor - Viewsonic VX1940W 19"
    • PSU - Cooler Master Extreme Power 600 W
    • Western Digital CavierGreen 1 TB HDD
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel Core i5 latest within budget
    • Motherboard - Supported Motherboard
    • RAM - Corsair or Gskill 4 GB RAM
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • YES
    • Will be adding better GPU and FullHD monitor
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai or Surat
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Mostly Gaming
    • Browsing
    • HTPC
    • Download rig, 24x7 operation
    • Watching HD movies
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Action - GTA IV
    • Racing - Need For Speed at high settings
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1680X1050 or 1440x900
    2. Desktop - 1680X1050 or 1440x900
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
    • Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

Last edited:
Regarding LGA 775 motherboards, I guess only G41 motherboards are available. I would suggest you upgrade your PSU too, extreme series are not well known for their reliability. The newer lineup of PSUs from CM look promising. So either that or Corsair.

Regarding LGA 775 motherboards, I guess only G41 motherboards are available. I would suggest you upgrade your PSU too, extreme series are not well known for their reliability. The newer lineup of PSUs from CM look promising. So either that or Corsair.
Thanks for your reply. I tried searching for LGA775 socket motherboards in local shops and online but I only found some chinese make motherboards are available not the branded one. So I decided to upgrade system and upgraded processor+motherboard+ram to intel core i5 4430 + Asus B85 plus + 4 gb corsair xms3 1600mhz ram.
Will be upgrading psu and gpu later may be in a month or two. Will also add another 4 gigs of ram. Gpu I am thinking of upgrading to geforce gtx 660 and psu to corsair vs650 or tx650. Hope that would be enough to run the setup.

Back