PC Peripherals Upgrading PC:- Before or after new year.

setuniket

Disciple
All the plan set to upgrade to 1 TB HDD, 22" BenQ, Linksys router and PCI card and Altec Lansing 2.1 setup, is it okay to buy tomorrow 31st Dec or should I wait till new year, can I expect better price post new year.

I can wait for sometime, nothing to do till 8th Jan.

I know its lil stupid to ask this question, but almost erveryone is looking for best bang for buck.:D

Thanks

-Setu Niket

in the best of possible cases you'll save maybe 500-1000/- on the whole kit.. might as well bargain a bit harder and get it now. you can always keep waiting for better prices

I have checked the price a week ago, will be going tomorrow and see if I can bargin(hard!) and buy the stuff tomorrow itself.

Thanks stalker

any more suggestions experts ..:)

maybe u should buy the hdd tomorrow (if u getting a seagate i.e ) , i got told in the other thread that seagate is changing its policy from 5 yrs warranty to 3 yrs. from Jan 3rd....

Seagate Technology - Product Warranty Matrix

Q. When does this change go into effect?

A. January 3, 2009
Q. What about products purchased before Jan. 3, 2009? Will Seagate still honor the warranty offered at time of time of original purchase?

A. Yes, any Seagate customers who purchase(d) products prior to Jan. 3 will be covered by the warranty in place at the time of purchase.

Q. What will happen to the inventory authorized distributors currently have?

A.On-hand inventory of Seagate customers will maintain the warranty in place at the time of original purchase. The 3-year warranty will apply to products shipped starting Jan 3 rd, 2009.

Get the hdd atleast tomorrow..cause u wont be sure when u buy the hdd if ur getting from the new shipped lot or the old lot...can gift ur self the last thing in 08 :D ...

setuniket said:
Thanks Hanzy, I was planning to postpone HDD for sometime, now I need to buy it before 3 jan.

Where are u based ? If you are from Mumbai we can go hdd buying together :eek:hyeah: and well...dont wait for the 3rd buy it tomorrow if u can....cause then dealers will hike the price saying low stock and stuff...

Back