Budget 31-40k Upgrading PC for Alteryx/Tableau/Photoshop

deepakdgl

Recruit
  1. What is your budget?
    • 30K - 40K
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • CPU - AMD Athlon II X2 250
    • Motherboard - Asus M4A78LT-M-LE
    • GPU - NA
    • RAM - 6Gb DDR3 (4+2)
    • Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster B2230
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - Samsung SyncMaster B2230
    • PSU - Corsair VX450
    • SSD - 128 Gb
    • HDD - 500 Gb
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Anything in AMD/Intel
    • Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
    • GPU - Not sure
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • No, wont upgrade in near future
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Chennai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Photo Editing (Photoshop RAW files)
    • Watching HD movies
    • Learning Tableau and Alteryx
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • No
  9. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  10. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
Hi all,
My main use case is learning Tableau and Alteryx kind of applications. Apart from that, PC will be used for editing photos and watching HD movies.

Will be purchasing new Motherboard, CPU, Graphic card and RAM. Please suggest Config's in budget of 30 - 40K.Open to AMD/Intel.

Can i use DDR3 ram in new Motherboards?
Thanks

Hey. I've seen some people here sell Ryzen 3000 series PCs within that price range. With GPU and all that. DDR3 is outdated now and it's all DDR4 while DDR5 is in its nascent stages. Good luck mate! :)

Photoshop doesn't really need much in terms of processing power or GPU capability. I'd say get the 5600G, a B550 board, and 16 gigs of ram. It'll cost you around 26k, invest the rest in a monitor with a better colour gamut and/or a bigger ssd and/or your choice of beer.

Edit: Pretty sure the 5600G should be able to handle anything you throw at it in tableau etc, unless you're dealing with massive amounts of data and manipulation.

For alteryx, if you're planning to work with large data sets(1M rows/1 gb + data), and want things to run fastyou will need a ton of read/write bandwidth. Lots of ram and the fast SSD. If you're using a older sata SSD, might be worth upgrading to a f faster nvme one. If you have patience then any spec will work

Back