Budget 0-20k Upgrading PC

ankit360

Disciple
Questions
  1. What is your budget?
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - AOC 22" 1080P
    • PSU - Seasonic s12ii 520 for at least next three years
    • Corsair 120GB SSD
    • Seagate 500GB HDD
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Intel 4440 or AMD FX 6300
    • Motherboard - any mobo with 6GBPS Sata PCI 3 will be advantage
    • 4GB 1600 DDR3
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
  6. GPU - Any Budget CPU mostly ATI next year
    • RAM - 4GB
  7. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  8. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  9. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Browsing
    • Video Convert
  10. which type of games will you be playing?
    • COD BF F1 GRID DIRT
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 720p or 1080p
    2. Desktop - 1080P
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 8 64 bit

Last edited:
i also want to upgrade my pc keeping my Seasonic S12II 520 and Asus ATI 5770 graphics card . i will upgrade to some budget graphics card [10-12k] next year. but i brought SMPS recently so i will keep it for at least next 3 years . how much power consumption difference i get with FX 6300 vs Intel 4440 . my main concern is i want to upgrade my pc keeping my Seasonic S12II 520 .

reason why i m looking for AMD is my budget is not big . is it worth to go for 4th generation intel with extra money ? i hear that nowadays game are more GPU intensive then CPU . so i was planing to go for cheap CPU with good GPU

Last edited:
Core i5 4430 - 12900
www.flipkart.com/intel-core-i5-4430-processor/p/itmdhx7zfpcunngm?pid=PSRDHTWPAXJMMFS6&otracker=search&pageNum=1

Gigabyte mobo GA B75M D3H - 4850
www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h-motherboard/p/itmdacp36gegyeqt?pid=MBDDACP2GUBGFPFM&otracker=search&pageNum=1

GSkill 1x4GB DDR ram - 3349
www.primeabgb.com/gskill-4gb-ram-f3-12800cl9s-4gbxl.html

www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-12800cl9s-4gbxl-

Total - 21099.
I chose the i5 because its based on 22nm and has 6 cores plus good integrated graphics. Since you mentioned video conversion this processor will help a lot in speed and multitasking while even converting a video.
Chose the single 4gb ram module since its compatible to your board plus you mentioned about adding another 4gb later on along with gfx card. If you get same memory in future it might run in dual channel mode. I think it was mentioned on the site.

Members here are free to point out shortcomings in this setup.

Edit: I maybe wrong about the dual channel thing.
www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-12800cl9s-4gbxl-

Last edited:
Chose the single 4gb ram module since its compatible to your board plus you mentioned about adding another 4gb later on along with gfx card. If you get same memory in future it might run in dual channel mode. I think it was mentioned on the site.

i buy 4gb ram and another 4 gb later .but what is good plan about ram upgrade ? 8gb now . or 4gb now and 4 gb later ? did ram price come down in future ?

Ram prices may or may not come down in future. Buy extra ram only if you need it. If you use the computer mainly for playing games and processing videos, by all means get a 8gb dual channel kit. It will be over budget a bit.

Also the memory I linked to won't work in dual channel config most probably. There are kits for dual channel rams on gskill site.

@vyral_143, thanks for the correction. :)

i5 - 4440 + Gigabyte GA B75M D3H + 2 x Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB or 1x Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB now and 1x later Old Asus EAH5770 + Seasonic s12ii 520
or

FX 6300 + M5A97 R2.0 + 2 x Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB or 1x Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB now and 1x later Old Asus EAH5770 + Seasonic s12ii 520

does Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB ( KHX1600C9D3B1/4G )@ 2400 is good compare to GSkill Ram

there is big price difference between AMD vs Intel i know intel is faster but it worth to spend extra money on Intel / also Haswell is new in market . mostly new technology cost more then old one . i mostly won't buy new technology or new model whether its PC,mobile or TV . old stuff is more known, stable and cheap still you guys recommend me NEW intel .

also i want to upgrade my GPU next year so my whole pc with new GPU must need to work with Seasonic s12ii 520W . i will buy some budget GPu next year

no SLI, corssfire and overclocking

CPU - AMD Athlon X2 quad core
Is it an X2 or is it a quad core i.e. X4? Whats the model number? Going from an X4 to an FX 6300 will be more of a side-grade than an upgrade.

Also the memory I linked to won't work in dual channel config most probably. There are kits for dual channel rams on gskill site.
You can mix and match RAM sticks fairly easily these days. Mem controllers should pick speeds and timings that are suitable for the slowest stick in the pair. A dual channel kit just has a matched pair of sticks with same speeds and timings for best compatibility.

Is it an X2 or is it a quad core i.e. X4? Whats the model number? Going from an X4 to an FX 6300 will be more of a side-grade than an upgrade.
sorry it's AMD Phenom II X4 850 . if it's side-grade then i better go for Intel .

actually i plan upgrade next year but my 5 year mobo fail . so i m buying new one now[DOUBLEPOST=1383728147][/DOUBLEPOST]what about buying M5A97 LE R2.0 and install my old AMD Phenom II X4 850 in it ? it come cheap but then i need to buy am3+ compatible cpu next year

Last edited:
^ If you can check what model it is, you can find out if its Socket AM3 compatible and then you only need to get a new board + DDR3 RAM.

^ If you can check what model it is, you can find out if its Socket AM3 compatible and then you only need to get a new board + DDR3 RAM.
yes i checked it compatible . ohh man my 2 year old cpu still compatible with am3+ socket !!!

i hear amd is going to stop AM3+ base socket next year . now tell me if i buy board + ram and use my existing cpu is it worth to save 7-13 k money . because i m definitely going to upgrade my pc next year .

i hear amd is going to stop AM3+ base socket next year . now tell me if i buy board + ram and use my existing cpu is it worth to save 7-13 k money . because i m definitely going to upgrade my pc next year .
If your prime purpose is gaming I don't think an X4 will be a bottleneck, so I would rather save the money and put it towards a GPU upgrade. And when you upgrade next year, you can look at an FX 8xxx if necessary. Get the normal M5A97/M5A97 Evo instead of the LE variant, so you have enough headroom from the VRMs to handle an 8xxx proc.

The only confirmed compatible socket is FM2+, but you would need to downgrade to an APU which will only be equivalent to an FX 4xxx in performance. Without knowing how steamroller will perform, its a big gamble.

Last edited:
If your prime purpose is gaming I don't think an X4 will be a bottleneck, so I would rather save the money and put it towards a GPU upgrade. And when you upgrade next year, you can look at an FX 8xxx if necessary. Get the normal M5A97/M5A97 Evo instead of the LE variant, so you have enough headroom from the VRMs to handle an 8xxx proc.

The only confirmed compatible socket is FM2+, but you would need to downgrade to an APU which will only be equivalent to an FX 4xxx in performance. Without knowing how steamroller will perform, its a big gamble.

ok final question . if i go with M5A97 and later upgrade to FX 8XXX with some decent GPU cost about 15k next year (Eg, ATI 7950 ) will Seasonic s12ii 520W is good enough for it ?[DOUBLEPOST=1383738509][/DOUBLEPOST]Brought M5A97 @ 6800 from ebay
Brought 2 x Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 4 GB PC RAM @ 2400 each
going to use my old CPU processor till next year
thanks for all for help[DOUBLEPOST=1383808220][/DOUBLEPOST]i think my old AMD Phenom II X4 850 will bottleneck my 2x DDR3-1600 8GB RAM . any idea ?

Last edited:
Back