Laptops Upgrading RAM.....can i?

ajo_alex

Disciple
my lappy is an acer 4520..it has 512MB x2 RAM now...can i use 2GBx2 in ma lappy? i heard somewer that i can use as some dual thingy..i ain't good in hardwares thats y... its called some dual stick or somethin... i was told by someone to check a website (my bad i forgot that site) and that site, wen entered ma lappy model said it supports maximum 4GB RAM...

so how can i do it? wats the price?
else wats the best that i can get for 2x1GB RAMs now?

thanks in advance

ajo_alex said:
my lappy is an acer 4520..it has 512MB x2 RAM now...can i use 2GBx2 in ma lappy? i heard somewer that i can use as some dual thingy..i ain't good in hardwares thats y... its called some dual stick or somethin... i was told by someone to check a website (my bad i forgot that site) and that site, wen entered ma lappy model said it supports maximum 4GB RAM...

so how can i do it? wats the price?
else wats the best that i can get for 2x1GB RAMs now?

thanks in advance
its called as dual-channel it means u can utilize two 64-bit data channels( of ur both the memories) , resulting in a total bandwidth of 128-bits,ie like u get double speed if u go for 2X2GB memories or 2 ,u can go ahead and upgrade the RAM and u can get dual channel options only when u fill ur comp with same speed memories ,memories of different kind will not attain dual channel :no:

could u tell me how much that costs? and wat i should say to the vendor to get it? also could u tell me the best brand and the speed?

thanks a lot for replyin bro

Ur welcome dude :)

Just ask the shopkeeper u need two 2 GB RAM's speed 667Mhz (make sure tat the speed is same ) and abt brand go with Corsair or Transcend ( both are decent :cool2: )

Transcend 2GB DDR2 667MHz = Rs. 1815/- ( Not sure abt warranty think its Life time warranty ,just have a look on this,Lifetime means that untill the product is in production u get warranty )

Corsair 2GB DDR2 667MHz = Rs. 2525/- (10 Years 1-1 Swap Warranty)

Corsair RAM's

Just go ahead and PM "TheITWares" and have a word with him regarding the price :D ,btb which part of India are u located ?? will let u know where u can pick the memories.

thanks a ton bro,i'm from kerala..
btw y is Corsair costlier than Transcend?

and one more thing, if i upgrade ma RAM, will the rendering speed increase(Rendering in 3d applications like 3ds max , maya etc)

i dont know y corsair is costlier than Transcend :S ,s upgrading RAM should improve r rendring speed info abt where u can get RAM in kerala contact greenhorn below hes from Thiruvanthoram ,send him a PM regarding what u want he can help u :D

greenhorn

1. Corsair is more reputed as a brand, hence a bit more exp. Though for lappy RAM wont make that much of a diff.

2. Where it will make a diff is WARRANTY. Transcend warranty is 3 years in India (ONLY US has lifetime, plz check). Corsair has more warranty :)

Back