Upload Speed Greater Than Download Speed

ubergeek

Skilled
I HAVE A REALLY STUPID PROBLEM WHENEVER I DOWNLAOD VIA TORRENT I GET PATHETIC DOWNLAOD SPEED LIKE I GET AROUND 3kbps EVENTHOUGH THERE ARE MILLIONS OF SEEDS BUT MY FAWKING UPLOAD SPEEDS SKY ROKETS IAM SOOOO PISSED BY THIS :mad: SO CAN SOmE ONE GIMME A SOLUTION PLEASE I USE THE FAWKIN BSNL750UL CONNEXION

ummm tried limiting the upload speed to something like 25kbps? i always limit my uploads to 80% of my max download speed as they choke ur download speed if left unchecked...

Fahrenheit said:
ummm tried limiting the upload speed to something like 25kbps? i always limit my uploads to 80% of my max download speed as they choke ur download speed if left unchecked...

erm tried that and u know i am geting 5kbps upload speed and .1kbps downlaod speed and the worst part is yesterday i dled the dmc4 via torrent it went perfectly well today i tried downloading a 1.7b torrent and iam getting pathetic speed s please help :(

Fahrenheit said:

+1 to that, but 25 kBps (note its kile bytes per sec, not bits) may still be too much... try limiting upload speed to 5 kBps (40kbps)... please post what provider/plan you have?

vishalrao said:
+1 to that, but 25 kBps (note its kile bytes per sec, not bits) may still be too much... try limiting upload speed to 5 kBps (40kbps)... please post what provider/plan you have?

i have bsnl 750ul plan

ok then, try limiting upload speed to 5-6 kBps in your torrent app, then let us know how it goes... note, in utorrent, you will see a "download limited" in the lower status bar in the app if you set your upload speed to less than 5 or 6 kBps... this is to slow down leechers :D so dont go below 5-6 kBps...

here is a guide to port forwarding

http://www.techenclave.com/guides-and-tutorials/a-guide-port-forward-beetel-220bx-72916.html

to check if you are forwarded properly

help.JPG

vishalrao said:
ok then, try limiting upload speed to 5-6 kBps in your torrent app, then let us know how it goes... note, in utorrent, you will see a "download limited" in the lower status bar in the app if you set your upload speed to less than 5 or 6 kBps... this is to slow down leechers :D so dont go below 5-6 kBps...

WELL I TRIED IT BUT NO LUK :( NO MATTER HOW MUCH I LIMIT THE UPLOAD SPEEDS THE SMAE THING IS HAPPENING AGAIN :(

yea, sometimes i need to have like 5-10 torrents downloading at the same time (or more) only then my connection runs at full speed....

Fahrenheit said:
mininova....try dling from a private tracker and see if you have the same problem..i think mininova is the culprit here...

PRIVATE TRACKER !!!! WHERE CAN I GET A PRIVATE TRACKER PLEASE TELL

try this may be it will help...
each time u download a torrent n add it in utorrent or similar,just copy its hash number and search it in google...if u a get a hit for torrentz.com,they have list of all the tracker,just copy it in ur tracker list.
and also get peerguardian,to prevent fake peers to connect to u...they just hog on ur seed providing u nothing at all....
n port forwarding is imp..but if r not able to manage it then just unable the unUP,it does a fair job...cheers

Back