PC Peripherals Ups 800 Va

core2fan

Disciple
Hi all

I am planning for a UPS. I feel the APC 800 VA to be a good choice.
It seems to have a sleek and solid design and a good backup time.

Also seems to be line-interactive (can somebody explain this)

Prices i asked over phone in Supreme Computers Chennai is 5200. Seems to be higher by 200 to 300 (maybe due to the phone effect).

Any suggestions on where else i can get an APC in chennai are also welcome.

My current system is a very old one Celeron 1 Ghz 256MB Ram:'(

But i have started upgrading. got a Viewsonic VA712 and Sony DRU 830A: :eek:hyeah: .

I've been using a numeric 800 VA for quite awhile and found it to be good.

Used on my 4800+ and D920 rigs, no issues. Backup is around 4-5 min, but then considering i've got speakers and all plugged in that's OK.

I've got the same model ... gives me about 35min backup time while pc is consuming about 120watts of power ... no buzzing sounds for me so far and is also able to cold start the system

I got the APC 800VA in December last from SP Road, Banglaore for 4.8k (all inclusive). Its gives a backup of arnd 22~25 min in my C2D setup with the speakers, ADSL modem plugged in

get the APC 800VA as APC's after sales service is outstanding

I got a new UPS in 6 hours flat when my old one had died

Why not Microtek 800VA UPS with 2 OKAYA Batteries and comes for around Rs. 2250/-. Truly value for money and most of friends who are using it never faced any problems in 3 yrs of time. Approx Backup is around 40 min. because of 2 Batteries.

^^ Not good for a high end system, Sadly am using it. Hardly gives me 10mins backup and makes a hell a lot buzzing kind off noise, same with few my friend who are using it. Looking to change it soon, oh and their warranty service is bad.

Saiyan said:
^^ Not good for a high end system, Sadly am using it. Hardly gives me 10mins backup and makes a hell a lot buzzing kind off noise, same with few my friend who are using it. Looking to change it soon, oh and their warranty service is bad.

Agreed...High power PC's need at least a numeric. APC would be better but there's a price difference. I paid 3800 all inclusive for the numeric 800VA back in Oct 2005

I found something interesting in indiatimes shopping

APC BACK-UPS RS 230V - 800VA

for 3199 + 455(shipping) 3654

Then how do these guys in chennai sell if for +5K

Any suggestions????

Big doubt when these guys sell ATP3 for 3500::mad:

APC 800:huh:

Back