PC Peripherals UPS and Gaming

Dowbot

Disciple
I think I made a mistake in my UPS selection and feel bad about it. I have purchased Microtek 1000VA UPS and it works well. The big problem is it restarts my PC most times when the power goes off during games (like BF3, Witcher on ultra). The support person says it normal and they can't do anything about it. My question is, is APC better for games? or all budget UPS fail like this?

i dont think it should happen because 1000VA is more than enough for gaming if u even use a 850W PSU and microtek is a standard company for UPSes. I think there is some fault. Or try one thing more, just connect your CPU with that UPS while gaming, rest connect all monitor,speaker etc with any other inverter/direct power line and then try it. There may be a possibility that the other peripherals are consuming too much.

Only my Corsair TX-650 PSU, 23 LED monitor and Router are connected to my UPS. The UPS backup works fine during normal PC usage. It's only during games it restarts. I use 6950 Twin Frozer, i5 2500, 2 Case fans, 8GB RAM. Other peripherals are not connected to UPS. I will see if UPS works with just PSU connected.

^^ APC would've definitely a better choice, but not fool-proof certain Corsair SMPS exhibit problems with APC UPS systems.

I've heard about VX series power supplies causing trips on 1.1 KVA APC SMPS, can be that your SMPS needs a Pure Sine wave system to feed it.

Back