UPS and India Customs

ibose

Skilled
Folks, I was looking to order some computer items from US via UPS. However, I wanted to check if anyone has had any recent experience of Customs clearance for items shipped via UPS. I am fine to pay the customs duty charged and delivery is supposed to be in Kolkata. How does the customs duty payment supposed to happen for UPS ?

For Fedex they'll pay duty on your behalf, you'll have to reimburse them the customs duty + processing amount.
They also ask for KYC documents. They'll handle the customs clearence process too.

My guess is that UPS will work the same way as both are like Karan Arjun. Don't know about the charges, but it wont be cheap for sure.

Just a suggestion, if possible get it from Amazon dot come, much more smooth, rest is up to you.

For Fedex they'll pay duty on your behalf, you'll have to reimburse them the customs duty + processing amount.
They also ask for KYC documents. They'll handle the customs clearence process too.

My guess is that UPS will work the same way as both are like Karan Arjun. Don't know about the charges, but it wont be cheap for sure.

Just a suggestion, if possible get it from Amazon dot come, much more smooth, rest is up to you.
I know about Fedex and Aramex. Both manage Customs on behalf of the buyer.
Unfortunately this seller uses only UPS hence my query.

Normal UPS via International ePacket
I think UPS will handle all the customs for you (Since its equivalent to Fedex/DHL/Aramex), check their website once if they have an Indian office, tell them Santaclaus is sending you christmas presents early this year and how can you go about it.

I frequent buy used manual lenses from eBay. Be ready to pay approximately 40% extra of the total value of the shipping i,e if the computer part costs $100 and shipping was $40, the custom value would be calculated on $140

FedEx, DHL, UPS always attract customs but the last leg of USPS is handled by India post and sometimes escapes custom charges.

Yes, what everyone else mentioned is true. Anything from 28 to 40% customs on item cost plus shipping.. be ready to pay!

Back