UPS Backup time

dexterz

Adept
I'm using a zebronics 600V UPS for running my router and a raspberry pi. During power outages, the UPS provides hardly few minutes of backup. The battery has been replaced recently. Is a backup time of 5~10mins normal for a 600V UPS powering only a pi and a router?

Are you sure it's the backup time that is bad and it's not the power saving feature of the UPS?
Some cheap UPS are not designed to work for low load scenarios such as routers or small SBCs.

If they don't detect a load of over a certain power draw then they turn off.
Did you try turning the UPS on after it turns itself off and check?

Are you sure it's the backup time that is bad and it's not the power saving feature of the UPS?
Some cheap UPS are not designed to work for low load scenarios such as routers or small SBCs.

When its about to turn off, it goes into the fast beep sequence which is usually when its running out of juice. I'll try turning it on again and check.

+1

I bought a simple router UPS for 1.5k or lower, those easily last 4-5 hrs for a router. I was using a UPS earlier which used to shut off after 10-15min.

Yeah, this is the issue. I too had purchased a circle 600va ups for router and my raspberry Pi server. I was facing this exact issue. The ups would run for 5 to 10 mins and after a long beep, it would shutoff. Charging my laptop from the ups used to solve the issue. I later switched to a dedicated 12v router ups

Back