PC Peripherals UPS/Inverter for wireless router

sasa110

Disciple
Hi,

I have a bsnl wireless router wga3002g4 (5 watts). i want to connect it and a 10ish watt cfl to a ups/inverter during powercuts.

not sure a conventional ups would help since they shut down in some minutes (my powercom ups does). i want something that will run for a couple of hours to run with my lappy, as long as the loadshedding continues. so probably an inverter or a customised solution.

i think a 500va inverter would be an overkill for a 10+5 watt use, so want something cheaper, if it is available, ie. (i live in pune)

do any one of you know of something? thanks in advance.

^thanks for replying. I do have a UPS meant for PCs. Powercom IND601A. But it beeps and auto-shuts in 4-5 mins with just the wireless modem plugged in. so the wireless runs for that 5 mins only, after which ive restart the UPS and modem to get it working again.

will other UPS's such as APC etc. not auto-shut after a certain time and run for an hour with a 5watt load?

since powercuts are a regular feature on thursday mornings, this gets me into trouble while share-trading. reliance dongles are not good enough.

Back