UPS or power conditioner + UPS...help me decide

Vandal

Skilled
Recently I came across a couple of forum threads where folk claim power conditioners are a lot better at regulating and filtering than our line interactive UPS' that use relays.

Since I've been meaning to pick up another UPS for powering my PC, while using my old one for my TV and HT gear, I was wondering exactly what benefits a power conditioner would bring over using just a UPS? Obviously, I wouldn't want to lose the backup, so I'd still use a UPS, but for my PC and DAC, would a power conditioner do anything more than a UPS does to clean up the power?

This is what I'm looking at:
LR1000 - Line Conditioner / AVR System - Automatic voltage regulator / power conditioner / AC surge suppressor

Additionally, can these be used in serial? As in, the PC connected to the mains, and the UPS connected to the PC, and components plugged into the UPS. BTW I'm staying in NOIDA, where the power condition is pretty crappy. My mains registers 257V during winter - presumably cause nobody's using fans/coolers. Pretty sure this will fall to 200 during summer, if not lower :(

Should I go for it, or just get a UPS?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Any advice for me?

Back