UPS/power outage/surge protection recommendations

mayank0623

Disciple
Looking for a UPS for my home PC. My PSU is rated for 650W but I'd like the UPS to be able to handle up to 850W spikes if needed because I'm planning to upgrade my PC soon. At least 5 year warranty would be good. Don't need any smart features, it should be as dumb as possible and only provide power backup for 5-10 minutes to my PC and one 1080p 60 Hz 24" monitor. Also it should have surge protection.

I'd say just get cyberpower. My last APC was a long time ago, and I wasn't happy with the service provided when I called them and I've heard nothing but bad things here about the brand's low end products these days. Microtek is a contender that seems to have positive reviews but no personal experience with it.

Cyberpower on the other hand, I've been using for a few months now, and it's quiet and unintrusive. The biggest selling point for me is that I can shut it the hell up and if my room fan didn't switch off, I wouldn't even know the power had gone out.

MD is the only one I've found to be selling that brand https://mdcomputers.in/cyberpower-1500va-ut1500e.html

This 1500 VA one has USB and monitoring/configuration software btw, the one I bought doesn't have that but I can still turn off the beeping. It's the only brand in <10k that offers this. Why it fails to occur to the idiots at APC and Microtek etc. I don't know.

Back