UPS Shipping asking for Form 50 to Ship to Kolkata

Hi guys,
I had ordered a motherboard from newegg.com and it was being shipped by UPS.I saw that the item was delayed in their warehouse and proceeded to call up the customer care who then informed me that Form 50 is needed from their end to ship to Kolkata.

Has anybody from West Bengal ever done this stuff regarding Form 50.Can somebody help me out please?

http://forum.digit.in/lifestyle/142...mporting-shipping-items-into-west-bengal.html

If you are unable to get it done, ship the mobo to someone else and he will ship via Speedpost further on.
They have already shipped the item which is in Mumbai now.I have been scouring various forums with regards to this issue and it seems like dealing with Didi's government without contacts is a nightmare unto itself.So I have gone into wait and watch mode as to what UPS does.

They have already shipped the item which is in Mumbai now.I have been scouring various forums with regards to this issue and it seems like dealing with Didi's government without contacts is a nightmare unto itself.So I have gone into wait and watch mode as to what UPS does.

Ask them to change the shipping address to Mumbai. If you have any relative then OK, else either someone from the forums or use my address.

OMG !!!! I have right now facing exact same problem with UPS.I am from Kolkata
I have ordered a VDSL Modem from Amazon.UK , currently it is lying at UPS Mumbai office.
One person from Kolkata UPS office is asking for submitting Form-50.He sent me a mail.But I don't know why on earth UPS is asking all this form , where I received many many items from Flipkart , Snapdeal and Amazon.IN without submitting Form-50 ....Never Ever.
Even I received a very big cooler master cabinet from one seller from Chennai without Form-50 through DTDC.
Recently I have received some items from Alliexpres without Form-50

Please help me now what to do

Thanks a lot guys but it seems UPS has screwed the pooch.They are saying that since I have provided my office address I will to provide the Form 50 and it cannot be diverted to a different address as well.

Are there any options for me now except for jumping through the hoops with the super corrupt Sales Tax Department?

Yes UPS is the worst the worst the worst :angry::angry::angry: courier service provider in India I think.On my previous post I share first part of my experience with UPS.
The VDSL modem I bought from Amazon UK cost me approx RS 24000/- now after reaching to Mumbai , UPS asked me to provide Form-50 for Kolkata entry.
Then I gave an email declaration to them that I will pay the fine or penalty for non-submitting of Form-50 if the shipment caught by Salestax Dept.

Only after that they bring my shipment to Kolkata and now the climax of my UPS experience!!!! The delivery person provided a challan with Rs4430/- printed on it and asked me to pay the same if I want to get my shipment.This is seems to be import tax.

I had to pay that amount so the total cost is more than Rs28000/- !!!!!:cry:

I have never ever faced this kind of issue with any other courier service provider .....This was my first UPS interaction and will be the last

I have received items from Amazon Global (US based) , Alliexpress , Amazon UK without any issue , before.

Please avoid Amazon UK marketplace seller and ask any seller not to use UPS for India delivery.

Thanks

Yes UPS is the worst the worst the worst :angry::angry::angry: courier service provider in India I think.On my previous post I share first part of my experience with UPS.
The VDSL modem I bought from Amazon UK cost me approx RS 24000/- now after reaching to Mumbai , UPS asked me to provide Form-50 for Kolkata entry.
Then I gave an email declaration to them that I will pay the fine or penalty for non-submitting of Form-50 if the shipment caught by Salestax Dept.

Only after that they bring my shipment to Kolkata and now the climax of my UPS experience!!!! The delivery person provided a challan with Rs4430/- printed on it and asked me to pay the same if I want to get my shipment.This is seems to be import tax.

I had to pay that amount so the total cost is more than Rs28000/- !!!!!:cry:

I have never ever faced this kind of issue with any other courier service provider .....This was my first UPS interaction and will be the last

I have received items from Amazon Global (US based) , Alliexpress , Amazon UK without any issue , before.

Please avoid Amazon UK marketplace seller and ask any seller not to use UPS for India delivery.

Thanks
Thanks for sharing your experience.I have raised a Demat waybill request via the portal.My item was worth Rs 6666 so I am okay with paying the fine.I will call UPS again and give them this declaration.

Back