PC Peripherals UPS Suggestion : APC Smart-UPS - SUA750I or SUA1000I

kekerode

Adept
Hello Friends,

I need your help to decide which UPS is more suitable for my config :eek:hyeah:

I want to choose from below two (but u can suggest different ones also :hap2:)

Here is my config

Intel Core i7 920 D0 @ 3.6GHz, 1.21V 24x7 (thanks to DFI :eek:hyeah:)
Megahalems with 2x Scythe Slipstream 120mm @ 110 CFM
DFI LP UT X58-T3eH8
OCZ3RPR1866LV6GK (will be upgrading to 12GB Soon :D .. so plz count it also)
HAF 922 (so it has 3 fans - 2x 200mm and 1x 120mm)
Corsair TX750 (this is the reason of such costly UPS :mad:)
XFX GTX 280 [GeForce® 280 GTX 1024MB DDR3 Standard GX-280N-ZDF9]
2x WD6400AAKS
1x Samsung DVD-RW
Dell SP2208WFP
Linksys WUSB300N
4x Coolermaster 120mm LED Fan
1x PCI-Ex Gigabit NIC
Logitech multimedia keyboard + mouse

Moreover, my future additions will be

1x WD10EADS
1x WD3000HLFS or some good SSD for OS :eek:hyeah:

I calculated total watt required from eXtreme Outer Vision - eXtreme tools for computer enthusiasts
And it turned out to be around 480 watts :(
I mostly do gaming or VMWare work only ... so I need atleast 5 mins to safely shutdown PC (CPU and HDD usage will be very high during this :mad:)

SUA750I ... max config watts 500 ... 10k price
SUA1000I .. max config watts 670 ... 17k price

So what u say guys :huh:

Thanks in advance for your help and reading this long help post :clap:

Regard,
kekerode

Yes play it safe, if you do not mind the 17k, else go for two 750 SUA will give more connection options[12 outlets] but the RAW power of 1000VA is good. Since only 5 mins is needed 1000VA seems fine for just this setup.

By the way I have two 750SUA and connected a receiver , PS3 too and bought it for 9.2K each.

Check with different dealers and be sure to haggle, they will be willing to go a little down and you will get from authorised dealers only, atleast here in Hyderabad.

I'd advise you to go for the Smart 750I as i'm currently using it . I have the same PSU as yours and previously owned an APC 800VA which made my life a living hell!! As you know the VA models do not output true Sinewave and that will be a problem for you later on. From my experience with the 750I it's giving me approx 30 mins backup and the buzzing noise is gone.

Have the same UPS and it is amazing. I used it with my desktop earlier for the same PSU but after I sold that kept it for the laptop and the external powered hard disks just cause I loved it so much.

both of them are good but depends upon what are your requirements do you want to run your pc for hours or you'll be shutting it down as the power goes off.

i'm having APC650VA UPS running my pc (see my siggy) for approx 20 mins.

cost me 3k.

Thanks to all for replies :D

@naveen58 and Tarcxy : Can't go for the models u people have becoz my PSU need Sine Wave as input :( ... that's why I have to look for these costly UPS solutions.

@haraakiri : Can u tell me approx price of SUA1500i becoz I guess it's around 21k :S

@adder : If I go for SUA1000UXI then can u suggest some good external battery as I have never used such model ever :huh:
And yes ... I just need UPS for safe shutdown purpose :eek:hyeah:

I use SUA 1000 UXi with 2 exide 7 amps battery connected in series. This smart series UPS operates in 24volts battery so you would need 2 batteries of what ever capacity it may be.

My 7 amps battery gives a decent 10 mins back up. My config is Intel Q6600, XFX 8800 GT, Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 Watts, 4 GB ram, 300 GB seagate & 500 GB seagate HDD, 2 DVD writers. Forgot to mention 2 120 MM fans & 2 80 MM fans.... i still use the normal LG 15 inch CRT monitor and my intex speakers connected to this UPS as well.

If you are looking for a very short back up time just get couple of Exide 7 amps batteries that will do

Chaos said:
I paid 17.2k for SUA1500i. Your dealer is taking you for a ride.

thanks for price info ... i'll kill that dealer :mad: ... I will check with all 3-4 dealers in Mumbai and 1 in Thane for SUA1000I and SUA1500I

adder said:
availabe in lynx-india.com aka Amarbir in TE for about 16600 shipped.

just now checked on lynx :D ... 16.6k shipped is awesom price :clap:

kishore.chander said:
I use SUA 1000 UXi with 2 exide 7 amps battery connected in series. This smart series UPS operates in 24volts battery so you would need 2 batteries of what ever capacity it may be.

My 7 amps battery gives a decent 10 mins back up. My config is Intel Q6600, XFX 8800 GT, Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 Watts, 4 GB ram, 300 GB seagate & 500 GB seagate HDD, 2 DVD writers. Forgot to mention 2 120 MM fans & 2 80 MM fans.... i still use the normal LG 15 inch CRT monitor and my intex speakers connected to this UPS as well.

If you are looking for a very short back up time just get couple of Exide 7 amps batteries that will do

thanks for idea kishore :eek:hyeah: ... but seems like I'll go with SUA1000I or SUA1500I only ... it will be easy for me to maintain as I my going to changing my location :eek:hyeah:
btw .... friends ... can anybody give me some good dealer for SUA1000I or SUA1500I deal in Mumbai/Thane ?:huh:

adder said:
availabe in lynx-india.com aka Amarbir in TE for about 16600 shipped.

This was over two years ago. Since then the 1500VA Smart UPS prices have dropped as lead prices have dropped worldwide since Lead Acid batteries are now banned by many countries. The same UPS is available locally for under 16.5 now.

VanishingNerd said:
He can not use Back UPS because of the PSU. Read up the active PFC thread here on TE for more info on the issue.
Thanx for the info..My bad..didnt know..
I have a corsair 650tx and a apc 1000va (just bought it couple of days back)..Wouldnt it work here?..
And till now, it hasnt given any problems..

Tarcxy said:
Thanx for the info..My bad..didnt know..
I have a corsair 650tx and a apc 1000va (just bought it couple of days back)..Wouldnt it work here?..

it is not suppose to work :( .... buzzing sound from PSU ... hot temp of PSU ... very short runtime ... UPS may not even work at all ... etc can be issue in ur case :(

kekerode said:
it is not suppose to work :( .... buzzing sound from PSU ... hot temp of PSU ... very short runtime ... UPS may not even work at all ... etc can be issue in ur case :(
Thanx kekerode..MY UPS does give a buzzing noise on battery :( ..I thought it was normal..I have disconnected it now..I am mad at myself for this..:mad:
OMG, I am now short of ideas of what to do..:(

Back