Camera Urgent Buy camera 4-5K

I need a camera for casual photography ( just for taking pics around)

may be some clicks at night also

Budget is 4-5K

Shortlisted:

1) Canon A1200

2) Panasonic lumix LS5

Just got LS5 as it has image stabilization which the other lacks.

optical zoom 4 to 5X

both cam's have HD video recording and run on AA batteries.

Is there any other cam near this budget that has image stabilization.

Also I was not able to find any review for LS5, so do'nt know it has any manual control, as A1200 has a bit of it.

Please suggest, want to buy this evening

I need a camera for casual photography ( just for taking pics around)

may be some clicks at night also

Budget is 4-5K

Shortlisted:

1) Canon A1200

2) Panasonic lumix LS5

Just got LS5 as it has image stabilization which the other lacks.

optical zoom 4 to 5X

both cam's have HD video recording and run on AA batteries.

Is there any other cam near this budget that has image stabilization.

Also I was not able to find any review for LS5, so do'nt know it has any manual control, as A1200 has a bit of it.

Please suggest, want to buy this evening

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]if u want Image Stabilization [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]i suggest Canon PowerShot A3300 IS[/font]

• [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]16MP Sensor[/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]720p HD Video Capture[/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]5x Optical Zoom Lens (28-140mm equivalent)[/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Optical Image Stabilization[/font]
  • [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]3-inch LCD[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [/font]

in this budget i wouldnt bother a lot about whether to buy canon, nikon, panasonic or olympus.. .most of them will more or less have similar photo quality.. few features may differ.. any high resolutions promised in these cameras will not be native resolutions but interpolated ones....

at this price range, the most important features i will consider are optical zoom, resolution (5 MP is enough), no point compromising optical zoom for promised resolutions larger than 5 or 8 MP. they will be interpolated resolutions..

one major problem with low priced cameras is a lot of grains in low light conditions.. before buying, click a few pictures, in low light if some dimly or poorly lit area is available.. images will always look good and less grainy in properly lit showrooms and broad daylight.. its the low light photography that you should be concerned about.. and when i say low light, i dont mean flash photography.. click pictures without using flash.. this way you will have a good idea about the quality of the image processor as well as the shutter speed that the camera can offer.. most probably you wont have manual selection of shutter speeds in cameras in this budget..
<

Like Puneet said, the quality will be more or less the same for all cameras in this price range. I would also suggest the Olympus VG-110. It has a digital IS but makes up for that by offering an internal lithium ion rechargeable battery and a very tiny footprint.

^^ How can an internal lithium battery make up for not having IS ? Who cares if you have a small camera and blurred photos ?

The Olympus is good if you want to show off your camera. If you wish to take good photos in low light then you need image stabilization considering small sensors are very noisy at anything above ISO 200.

^^^^^ any good photographer will prefer not having digital IS. IS only reduces the shutter speed further and even though sometimes maybe helpful in clicking pictures less blurry, will create a lot of noise in the photograph.

whether an internal lithium battery is a good thing or not depends on the kind of personal usage. many people also prefer having just alkaline or nickel cadmium AA batteries, because if they run out of battery, they can just put new ones without having to wait to recharge.

^^ How can an internal lithium battery make up for not having IS ? Who cares if you have a small camera and blurred photos ?

The Olympus is good if you want to show off your camera. If you wish to take good photos in low light then you need image stabilization considering small sensors are very noisy at anything above ISO 200.

^^ I am sensible enough not to compare the two features as alternatives to each other!
<

What I meant is that the Olympus will offer an internal Li-ion battery and no Optical IS where as the Lumix will offer Optical IS but no internal Li-ion battery. Now it depends on the purchaser as to what he prefers. I have seen people who prefer the Li-ion battery over anything else just for the convenience offered. Plus, I don't expect a person wanting to buy a camera in 4-5k range to be one who wants professional grade photos. Hope I am pretty clear now!

Back