URGENT: Domain+WebMail

Hi Guys

Need help urgently..:S

I need to get a domain registered (its available so no issues there) & get webmail activated for the same (Don't need a site just yet)..

Since I'm a complete noob at this, I'd like help on the following:
a) How much would a .com domain (read Rs.399/- as cheapest on most sites) + just the webmail service cost me roughly?
b) Am planning on the website in February, how much more would that cost me then?
c) Is the webmail service an integral part of web-hosting & whether or not I decide on hosting a website for now, I'll still need to pay for the "entire hosting package"?
d)Anyone here knows someone that I can contact for the domain etal in Delhi/NCR?

Thax a ton in advance..Pls someone do help out at the earliest :)

PS: If some of what I wrote above seem completely nonsensical to you, pls do care to point out.. :) :noob:

I would tell about the webhost I use for my blog- SpriteHost Dot Com

.com domain - around 320 Rs/year
for web mail - you would have to get a hosting package. The rates for the same are very competitive and cheapest you would find. webmail and hosting are an integral part.

Contact arun_k_d on y!m

Get the domain from godaddy.com for 400 bucks. Signup for a gmail for your domain(its free), change the MX servers of your domain. You get gmail's features with your own domain name.

No need to get any hosting services.

Hi Guys

Thanx for the help..Much appreciated.. (Reps coming :))

@Sourabh: I know its not really a major thing, but I'd like to have the service provider based in Delhi..

@Hacker: I've tried that but I'm not sure its safe & moreover on most e-mails it shows that the mail was "sent by gmail on behalf of.." so can't really consider that..

My bad I forgot to mention this reqt is for a start-up placement consultancy for my dearest friend.. :)

Buy a domain from godaddy and also take their email services. That way the domain costs you $2 and the mailbox costs you $10.

So for $12 you get you@yourdomain.com email address for a year.

If you need more than one email address then you need to pay $20 for a year for 5 email accounts.

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/email.asp?se=+&ci=756&app_hdr=0

Your GoDaddy.com email account is fast, ultra-reliable and secure. It’s POP3 configured and advertising-free. It offers unique you@YourPersonalDomainName.com personalization. It allows you to send and receive email using popular email clients like Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express and more.

Thanx Renegade

But as I mentioned in the first post, I'd also be setting up a site in Feb07 (basic static site) so I guess getting a hosting plan might be the best way forward..

And ya we'd need atlest 3-4 mail accounts..

What do you think about Post#5..Is that fine?

Seems fine as far as value for money goes. They are providing everything that you'll need. If possible find a bit about their customer support and reliability in terms of uptime. Other than that you should be fine.

I would suggest you to stay away from indian companies, they dont allow you to change the nameservers and mx records etc.

Buy a domain from godaddy for 400 bucks and the revolution plan from illusionfxnet.com 25$, total cost would be around 1700 rs / year

TE is hosted on illusionfx if im not mistaken.

Thanx for the help everyone..

Finally opted for SpriteHost Dot Com : Their rates and flexible plans were just too irresistable..And the concerned individual there, Mr. Arun, is a very nice & helpful chap :)

Final Damage: Rs. 1100/- (including the .com domain) :hap2:

Back