Urgent..Gaming mouse Suggestion.

dovakhiin

Adept
Guys,
M budget is 2.5k max.Please recommend a gaming mouse.I looked at the razer DA and I must say that it is one SEXY mouse:eek:hyeah:.Should I go ahead and buy it?I've been using a generic MS mouse and I've never really used a gaming mouse.I want to buy a mouse that will actually make me feel the difference.

Please be quick with suggestions guys,I' buying it tonight so I've got just a few hours to make up my mind.

PS:I see a lot of ppl talking about different gripping styles.I think a palm grip is closest to how I use mice.

u have one more choice of logitech g500 for 3.5 k..........

for your budget that razer DA would be best...............i will also buy one soon..........

devesh38 said:
u have one more choice of logitech g500 for 3.5 k..........

for your budget that razer DA would be best...............i will also buy one soon..........
3.5k is too much of a stretch.How does MX-518 compare to the razer DA?Also can anyone confirm the current price on S.P.Road.

Forget the MX518 - the newer generation MX518 sports a shitty grip which wears out soon and the build quality is pathetic. I have used one 2 years back and disposed it off in the forums itself - the buyer had an option to claim the warranty though. I did post a thread on the build quality of the MX518 - search and you may find it.

I am contemplating on buying my second DA through eBay but there seem to be no coupons around. I think I'll buy one anyway. The dealer is quite reputed and is a dealer in our forums as well. This is the link - eBay India: RAZER DeathAdder 3500dpi Gaming Mouse VAT Bill WARR 1Yr (item 140446104543 end time 05-Sep-2010 00:30:00 IST)

Comes to 2415 INR shipped.

On the 2.5K mark there are a lot of good mice some of them being

Logitech MX 518 (OPTICAL) - 1.9k

Steel Series Ikari (Laser) - 2.5k

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 (Optical) ~ 2.2k

Steel Series Kinzu (Optical) ~ 1.9k

Razer Death Adder (Laser) ~ 2.3k

Prices ex-Delhi from SMC International - One Stop Shop for all your Hardware Need !

It would be of great help if you provide more details of the games you intend to play .. Also Considering you have a palm grip it would be best if you take a DA/Ikari/MS Intelli --- More details required for a better answer imho :|

^^ :p , Wanted to ask who handles the RMA for MS Hardware ?

Your thoughts on the SS Ikari/Kinzu ? - Kinzu doesnt have any of that fancy rubber padding imho

Desecrator said:
Forget the MX518 - the newer generation MX518 sports a shitty grip which wears out soon and the build quality is pathetic. I have used one 2 years back and disposed it off in the forums itself - the buyer had an option to claim the warranty though. I did post a thread on the build quality of the MX518 - search and you may find it.

I am contemplating on buying my second DA through eBay but there seem to be no coupons around. I think I'll buy one anyway. The dealer is quite reputed and is a dealer in our forums as well. This is the link - eBay India: RAZER DeathAdder 3500dpi Gaming Mouse VAT Bill WARR 1Yr (item 140446104543 end time 05-Sep-2010 00:30:00 IST)

Comes to 2415 INR shipped.

Thanks for ruling out MX-518. I'm not too keen on getting it shipped right now.Will I get a price this good at SP road?And Does DA come with 1800dpi or 3500dpi.Lots of reviews spec it at 1800dpi.Is this an older version of DA.?

How is Razer Salmosa?I think it sells for a little cheaper.

l33t said:
^^ :p , Wanted to ask who handles the RMA for MS Hardware ?

Your thoughts on the SS Ikari/Kinzu ? - Kinzu doesnt have any of that fancy rubber padding imho
There are several service centers listed here - Entertainment and Devices Division

I haven't used an Ikari or a Kinzu so can't comment on that but the previous DA I had came up with the usual single click getting registered as a double click problem and disposed it off in the forums itself. The newer DAs with the 3.5G sensor however, does not seem to have that issue though or to put it across in a better way, I haven't come across such issues by far in the WWW. :)

l33t said:
It would be of great help if you provide more details of the games you intend to play .. Also Considering you have a palm grip it would be best if you take a DA/Ikari/MS Intelli --- More details required for a better answer imho :|
More Details?No problem...I'm definitely more of a single-player gamer...I only spend long hours gaming at a stretch if the story is really good,usually play for 2-3 hours a day.Will be buying a gamepad soon to play racing games and games like POP.etc.I'm an IT undergrad so I spend 2-3hrs a day coding,so the mouse should be good for general use. I recently finished KN2:Dog days,Mirrors Edge,CoJ2 to name a few .Will be playing Mafia2 later this week.Also have Bioshock 1&2,Forgotten Sands and Borderlands on my to-be-finished queue.
EDIT:Also increasing sensitivity has never worked too well for me,so as of right now I'm a low-sensitivity gamer.But i feel this might be because I've been using a bad mice.IINM Bad mice usually work really choppy at high-sensitivity because of the low-resolution and polling rate.

nuke'em said:
Thanks for ruling out MX-518. I'm not too keen on getting it shipped right now.Will I get a price this good at SP road?And Does DA come with 1800dpi or 3500dpi.Lots of reviews spec it at 1800dpi.Is this an older version of DA.?

How is Razer Salmosa?I think it sells for a little cheaper.
Yes that was the first DA which was replaced by the second gen. one which is 3500 dpi with the newer 3.5g sensor. dpi doesn't really matter to me so long as I can pan my 24 inch desktop without issues while playing a fps game. I feel the dpi rating is a bit too over-hyped at times.

Try enquiring at Golcha/Ashirwad Computers and give them the TE reference - they should give you a good deal. A DA retails for the 2.2k mark these days btw.

No clue about the Salmosa. Get yourself a good surface as well. Roccat and Steelseries have some cheap surfaces.

Desecrator said:
Get yourself a good surface as well. Roccat and Steelseries have some cheap surfaces.
Speaking of which...Presently I don't have a real surface,I've been using a cheap cardboard sheet.So I was planning ahead to buy a gamepad and Razer surface next month.Will i be wasting my money if I spend about 1k on a cool razer surface?I'm hoping someone will say that razer surfaces are ultra durable and smooth and totally worth the money,so that buying it is justified.

If you guys say its a waste of cash,I'll buy a surface for two hundred bucks today.

^^ That list looks more like an FPS gaming scenario for which the above list suggested looks good - I asked this since some people are into MMORPGs , Stratergy Based Games for which mice like kinzu wont be worth *$%^ since they have a very limited number of buttons - So far DA/Ikari/Kinzu loooks pretty bang on the buck , Aashirwad/Golccha might be stocking all of these all year round so I suggest going to SP getting quotes from the shops , get them

l33t said:
^^ That list looks more like an FPS gaming scenario for which the above list suggested looks good - I asked this since some people are into MMORPGs , Stratergy Based Games for which mice like kinzu wont be worth *$%^ since they have a very limited number of buttons - So far DA/Ikari/Kinzu loooks pretty bang on the buck , Aashirwad/Golccha might be stocking all of these all year round so I suggest going to SP getting quotes from the shops , get them
OK I've heard enough...Razer DeathAdder FTW:).If all goes well I'll buy it tonight and i'll post pics tomorrow:p.Thanks for the help Desecrator and l33t:hap2:.Btw I've decided to buy a cheap mouse surface for now.A professional gaming surface is prolly not worth it for me.

impulse1992 said:
a little off topic but is gigabyte m6800 any good for a budget gaming mouse???
I am also interested in gigabyte M6800, is it good for 700 bucks?

sorry for hijacking the thread.

Back