Urgent Help needed in setting up house Wi-Fi

3 Doors Down

Disciple
Kindly have a look at my house Wi-Fi to get a better overview on what I need.
Thanks.
A28Yi.jpg

:sign25:

THE WALLS OF MY HOUSE ARE THICK, KINDLY TAKE THAT INTO CONSIDERATION :)

Okay, So I have a MTNL TRIband connection.
First things first,
-Currently my WiFi Router is in BEDROOM 2(refer pic) RANGE AVAILABLE IN BEDROOM 1 AND LIVING ROOM 1.. barely available in living room 2
-WiFi Router is connected to my PC which is in BEDROOM 2(PC does not have wireless compatibility)

READ THIS IMPORTANT! PWEASE :)

So, I use MTNL TRIBAND connection.
The sad part about this is I have to connect my router to the MAIN TELEPHONE LINE which is in LIVING ROOM 2(refer pic)
If I do not connect my router there and if somebody picks up the phone from any of the parallel line THE INTERNET CONNECTION DISCONNECTS :(

KINDLY SUGGEST ME WORKAROUNDS AND THINGS I WILL NEED.
[+] I have a standard MTNL WiFi Router and one ADSL2+ Router with me.

[Q] Where do you need WiFi?
- Almost EVERYWHERE!(refer pic)
BEDROOM 1,2,3
TOILETS (IfYouKnowWhatIMean :p)
BOTH LIVING ROOM's

MY BUDGET IS 3-5k INCLUSIVE OF EVERYTHING! My house is ~1600 sqft big

You will need a wifi router + a repeater

otherwise place the router in your living room and hope for the best.

As rads suggested you will have to either get a Repeater installed which will help boost the WiFi Signal or place a suitable place in the house for your MTNL WiFi router which would provide you with WiFi acess for 70-80% of your area
Now,having a WiFi router + a repeater mode does have it's own kinks
It does affect your network performance as it will be re-transmitting all the data received from the main WiFi Router but that varies with different routers/Repeaters

Now,i was in the same dilemma as you are now and the cheapest solution i found for my place was to keep my WiFi router in a centralized place and go wireless with my desktop which actually worked and i was getting internet access where i wanted
Being said that,the situation differs which each house and it's overall structure

This is what I want to know,

What and where do I connect a repeater to?
Will i have to connect it to a phone line?
And if it does connect to a phone line my TriBand issues will continue :s

This is what I want to know,

What and where do I connect a repeater to?
Will i have to connect it to a phone line?
And if it does connect to a phone line my TriBand issues will continue :s

The Repeater will have to connected through Ethernet to your WiFi Router and the rest of the connection will remain same
And Repeater's don't use Phone lines so no need to worry

Personally i haven't setup a Repeater or a Router in Bridge mode so anyone here who has first hand experience will be the best to guide you :)

Repeater is over the air, needs no physical connection except to its power adapter.

Instead of one router in one corner and a repeater to boost a weak signal, I would use a wired router, with a wireless AP.

The way it works is the internet is connected to the router. This would be able to connect all wired clients, and then you run one wired connection to a wireless AP (most wireless 'routers' can perform this function through some configuration changes). Locate the AP where you get the best signal in all your rooms - my guess is 'Living Room 1' in your case.

The repeater is not a great solution, unless it's a great ($$$) repeater. You will notice most good repeaters cost about 2x of a good router, because they have double the radios. The cheaper repeaters use a single radio and are not worth it.

Please tell me what I can do.
I can't connect a router else where because of my TRIBand issues!

And like you said connect a wired router with wireless Access Point, How do I do that?
And in order to connect a wired router I would need to connect it to my phone line right?
Then I won't be able to connect to the Internet seamlessly without interuptions! Because of the TRIBand issue I have mentioned :(

- - - Updated - - -

GUYS PLEASE HELP ASAP
NEED LINKS TO PRODUCTS ON WHAT ALL I CAN GET!
I am taking YashBhatt's WiFi Adapter but also need to extend/improve Range.
Please!
Okthnxbai.

As far as i know,WiFi Routers that support dd-wrt firmware have capabilities of a Repeater mode so maybe you can try such router that can also act as repeaters if you don't wanna buy standalone repeaters
Then again,experts in this field would be the best to guide you

You have to read up networking basics my friend else no one can help you.

A wired router can be placed anywhere you need to in the house. It needs to be connected to the incoming line (the output from your ADSL modem) at whichever point suits your fancy.

The AP needs to be at the location where it delivers maximum range for all clients.

One cable is required to physically connect these two together. This can be upto 50 feet long, giving you some options of routing it for reducing the visual distraction of a wire running around your house.

Back