Urgent Help Regarding Buying a Nexus 4

Hello Guys,

I have finally figured out a method to pay via an Indian Credit Card to buy the Nexus 4 on Google Play.

My brother leaves for India on December 19th so I want to ship it to him so that he can get it for me.

I just need to make sure that it will ship within one week. This is the part that really confuses me:
On the google play nexus 4 website it says that it will ship within 6-7 weeks: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb
where as on the shipping and delivery page it says that it will deliver within 2 days: Shipping & delivery - Google Play Help

Which one is right? There is no point in me buying it if it ships within 6-7 weeks.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Ships within 6-7 weeks means that Google will take that much time to process your order [ Processing can also mean, getting the phone from factory to Google's warehouse ] and delivery within 2 days means that from Google to the address provided will take 2 days to deliver so time taken in total to reach you will be say 6.5 weeks + 2 days = 7 weeks approx.

If you are very lucky, your brother might get the phone by end of December or else in Jan 2013

Good Luck :)

Sorry to hijack your thread OP but I a similar question.
2-2.5k including shipping sounds reasonable. I'm not sure about the reliability of the quotes and the shipping itself, on ishopinternational or PPOBox.
Do we have someone here who has ordered using one of these services? I need some validation before I go ahead with it...

I have used ishopinternational several times this year- they r reliable and very fast in getting stuff to India from USA- normally delivered to me in Shimla within 10 days.

Estimated Int'l Shipping & handlingRS. 806.40
Estimated Duty, Taxes & feesRS. 494.47
line.jpg
TOTALRS. 1,300.87
PPOBox is giving me a quote of Rs. 1.3k. Does this include customs and everything or is there something missing?

And another question, the PPO Address is in my name. Won't someone else be signing for it in USA? How does that work?

Yes it includes customs and shipping. When u signed up for PPO, they must hv given you a virtual address in the US. Use that address as your shipping address while buying from any US shopping site. They will ship the item to your virtual address which in reality is the warehouse address of iccworld in the US. From there it would be shipped to your address in India.
Sent from my SGH-i917. using Board Express

PPOBox is giving me a quote of Rs. 1.3k. Does this include customs and everything or is there something missing?

And another question, the PPO Address is in my name. Won't someone else be signing for it in USA? How does that work?

One tip, PPOBox gives an address in New York, which will cost you some $25 extra as taxes when you buy from the Play store. Try comGateway, their address is in Oregon where no such tax will be levied. Overall they look like a much more professional company and they'll cost you $349+16(shipping)+26(intl shipping)+10-20 (duty) so around 400USD. Add around a 1000 rs because the bank conversion rates will be higher.

One tip, PPOBox gives an address in New York, which will cost you some $25 extra as taxes when you buy from the Play store. Try comGateway, their address is in Oregon where no such tax will be levied. Overall they look like a much more professional company and they'll cost you $349+16(shipping)+26(intl shipping)+10-20 (duty) so around 400USD. Add around a 1000 rs because the bank conversion rates will be higher.
Hmm, is it reliable? Why does everyone use PPOBox then? x_x

UPDATE:
Just ordered the nexus 4 via playstore. Haven't yet got a tracking no. though. I guess playstore will give it to me when they ship it? Someone please clarify. Thanks for all the help.

UPDATE 2:
In PPOBox, I have used an amount of 349$, but inclusive of taxes+shipping the charge was 398$. Should I update to 398$?

One more question: When exactly do you pay PPOBox? Is it COD or do you have to pay via CC? If via CC then when and how do you pay them?

Sorry for so many questions guys. They just keep popping up in my head. Its the first time I'm importing something using one of these websites.

Hmm, is it reliable? Why does everyone use PPOBox then? x_x

UPDATE:
Just ordered the nexus 4 via playstore. Haven't yet got a tracking no. though. I guess playstore will give it to me when they ship it? Someone please clarify. Thanks for all the help.

UPDATE 2:
In PPOBox, I have used an amount of 349$, but inclusive of taxes+shipping the charge was 398$. Should I update to 398$?

Probably because people don't keep in mind the 26USD taxes and PPOBox is cheaper if you don't look at them.

Yes you'll get the tracking number when they actually ship it. Which will be 5-6 weeks according to the 16GB N4 website.

One more question: When exactly do you pay PPOBox? Is it COD or do you have to pay via CC? If via CC then when and how do you pay them?

Sorry for so many questions guys. They just keep popping up in my head. Its the first time I'm importing something using one of these websites.

You pay them when the phone reaches their warehouse in mumbai. You'll be notified about the shipping and duty charges and you'll have to pay them by card.

And I think you should speak to their customer care chat or just call them up tomorrow afternoon about the amount. But I'm pretty sure 349 is fine.

Which proxy did you use to access Play store?

Hey, thanks for the reply cyanide. That clears up a lot of stuff.

Here's the guide to purchasing a nexus:

Hey, You don't need any VPN software. Its very simple . Just follow these steps: (These are for Windows XP, But same can be done in Windows 7 too):

Its suggested to use Google DNS Servers to avoid DNS hijacking from your local ISP: DNS Server 1: 8.8.8.8 DNS Server 2: 8.8.4.4

1) Open Network Connections from the control Panel.
2) Click on Create a new connection from the left hand side and click next.
3) Select 'Connect to the network at my workplace' and click next.
4) Select 'Virtual Private Network Connection' and click next.
5) Now is the time to search for a free vpn service, plenty are available on the internet. All you need in server name, Username and password.
6) Enter some Server name and click next.
7) Click on Finish. The dialer will popup. Give the username, password and connect. Once its connected you can access restricted sites.

And yes Indian credit Card works just fine(I used Tata SBI) Vat is inculded in the Nexus total amount itself. You will not be charged seperately. Apart from that there is a 9 GBP shipping charge.

Ain't that simple? This is how i ordered the Nexus 4 from the UK

P.S. Will share the VPN service i used later after i get home. I don't remember it. But it was pretty fast and stable.

Edit:

This is the VPN i was talking about Free Hosted VPN Service « Browsing Internet anonymously & Unblocking websites securely It has separate id , password for US,UK and CANADA.!

Another Good VPN : Simply the Best Free VPN | JustFreeVPN.com

Cheers!

Source: XDA

Enjoy!

Back