Urgent Help Regarding Buying a Nexus 4

Hello Guys,

I have finally figured out a method to pay via an Indian Credit Card to buy the Nexus 4 on Google Play.

My brother leaves for India on December 19th so I want to ship it to him so that he can get it for me.

I just need to make sure that it will ship within one week. This is the part that really confuses me:
On the google play nexus 4 website it says that it will ship within 6-7 weeks: https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=nexus_4_16gb
where as on the shipping and delivery page it says that it will deliver within 2 days: Shipping & delivery - Google Play Help

Which one is right? There is no point in me buying it if it ships within 6-7 weeks.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Just a tip mate, not all sellers are okay shipping to PO Box addresses, since this is directly from Google it "should" be okay :). The shipping agency is pretty good as it works faster than the idiotic post offices and doesn't steal your phone :)

No mine is 6-7. Over at XDA some people who ordered on 5/12 got their orders shipped on the 6th. And some mid novemeber ones are still pending at 4-5 weeks. Google isn't handling all these orders too well.

- - - Updated - - -

Just a tip mate, not all sellers are okay shipping to PO Box addresses, since this is directly from Google it "should" be okay :). The shipping agency is pretty good as it works faster than the idiotic post offices and doesn't steal your phone :)

There's no PO Box address involved in any of these shipping options, be it comGateway, PPOBox, SNS etc.

No mine is 6-7. Over at XDA some people who ordered on 5/12 got their orders shipped on the 6th. And some mid novemeber ones are still pending at 4-5 weeks. Google isn't handling all these orders too well.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no PO Box address involved in any of these shipping options, be it comGateway, PPOBox, SNS etc.

I do have a SNS account but yet to use it :p, PPOBox sounded like PO Box so I made the comment.
Imo LG + Android = Severe Problems, but as it's a nexus phone updates shouldn't be a problem, else LG has a history of jumping lanes not bothering about old customers.

I do have a SNS account but yet to use it :p, PPOBox sounded like PO Box so I made the comment.
Imo LG + Android = Severe Problems, but as it's a nexus phone updates shouldn't be a problem, else LG has a history of jumping lanes not bothering about old customers.

Haha yeah I won't blame you, even UPS got fooled and cancelled orders with PPOBox in them saying that they don't deliver to POBoxes. After that PPOBox removed "PPOBox" from their address line itself.
I've used an LG Optimus One before and never had any problems. And it's a Nexus phone, it'll age very well. Granted that it won't have warranty, but heck, it's worth the risk. The thing is beautiful.

Little off topic here,Even i want to buy nexus4 using my CC, i want to know how much is the extra charge applicable on card and i am planning to ship it to my Sis address in San Francisco.So what shipping and duty it will attract?

Little off topic here,Even i want to buy nexus4 using my CC, i want to know how much is the extra charge applicable on card and i am planning to ship it to my Sis address in San Francisco.So what shipping and duty it will attract?

The foreign currency surcharge is usually 3.5% of the amount plus 12.36% service tax on the surcharge, effectively approx 4%.

You will be charged 349 USD (for the 16 GB device) + 13.99 USD (local US shipping) + Local sales tax applicable in San Francisco (I think its 8.5%)

I purchased a phone yesterday night and paid @ Rs. 56.776 per dollar, if the stock is from san francisco, you'll have to pay an additional 7% (or something like that) state tax (which s*cks), get hold of some ebay seller or hunt on amazon :), better get it shipped through shopandship to India :p

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, what will you do with a Nexus phone that has a warranty?
Anyone buying a nexus phone has a sole purpose root and flash, which will void the warranty any which ways :p.
Agreed that you can unroot and go back to stock for warranty, but these devices fail only due to hardware faults or damage (Like bad microphone, water damaged or smashed), since its a new phone there 'shouldn't' be any such problems, however keep in mind that the initial batch of any phone tends to have some lumpy bugs (HTC One X for an example), so it'll be good to wait for batch 2 or 3 to come out :)

The foreign currency surcharge is usually 3.5% of the amount plus 12.36% service tax on the surcharge, effectively approx 4%.

You will be charged 349 USD (for the 16 GB device) + 13.99 USD (local US shipping) + Local sales tax applicable in San Francisco (I think its 8.5%)

If you go by comgateway you can save on tax as it ships to Oregon.

Lol, what will you do with a Nexus phone that has a warranty?
Anyone buying a nexus phone has a sole purpose root and flash, which will void the warranty any which ways :p.
Agreed that you can unroot and go back to stock for warranty, but these devices fail only due to hardware faults or damage (Like bad microphone, water damaged or smashed), since its a new phone there 'shouldn't' be any such problems, however keep in mind that the initial batch of any phone tends to have some lumpy bugs (HTC One X for an example), so it'll be good to wait for batch 2 or 3 to come out :)

Spot on! Hence I'm looking at a February time frame of purchase

Back