Urgent Help Required - Partition Recovery

I have two Seagate Freeagent 500gbs...was using them a day ago and then put my laptop on standby with both of them connected...when i resumed from standby my laptop started showing the same drive twice instead of two different drives...now when i tried opening the same files on both the drives shown...only one of them opened (obviously)...and the other said cannot read from file..now i ejected both drives and tried to reconnect the one that wasnt showing...now this drive again showed the contents of the other drive and they were inaccessible...i tried rebooting...but then the contents also vanished and the drive partition is totally inaccessible...no data shows up...i tried other laptops but same case...the drive is showing but not accessible...and in my computer too it doesnt show the drive usage/free space/filesystem type details...
have lot of important data on this which i need :(
some1 plzzz help me out...

Getdataback should work just fine. Try it. Install this software on your laptop and try to recover the data from the external HDD. GDB works as a read-only software, in that it does not write or overwrite any data in the partition it is recovering. So your data will be safe.

Back