PC Peripherals Urgent help: Shud i go ahead with VIP 400W EX?

njankit

Disciple
I m abt to buy VIP 400w EX PSU for 1.1k and M really on tight budget.

I might add 9600gt like card in future only if this PSU permits.

Wud u guys recommend this buy?

Bro if i had 4k i wud've been a proud owner of vx450 by now.
Any advice in my price range?
Also i m just a casual gamer who takes months to complete a single game, so no SLI and a card LIKE 9600gt wud b more than enough for me.
Also i've seen people on this forum running 9600gt on zeb-400W platinum which has 17A on 12V rail (can anyone tell me its cost).
VIP indeed has 21A on 12V rail but no PCIE connector.
So wud using a molex to pcie convertor be an issue with VIP?
Any other recommendation?

Sorry people but I have to disagree with any suggestions that involve Zebronics.

He's well off with a VIP/Powersafe instead. They're not that costly.

@OP

Please do not consider Zebronics/Iball/Intex/or any other el-cheapo PSUs.

VIP/Powersafe are fine for the job.

Zebronics pro series PSUs are pretty good.Get Zebronics pro 350W for about 1.5k.It will be much better than VIP/Powersafe.Get HD 4670 instead of 9600GT as the performance will almost be the same but HD 4670 consumes very less power.

Go with the VIP thingy and buy an HD4670, forget about the 9600GT, the performance of both is nearly the same.

njankit said:
Is VIP 400 EX an FSP rebranded PSU like Powersafe Silver ones?
How do i find who is the OEM?
VIP PSU in bluish casing are FSP OEM based PSU..what about zebronics pro PSU...i hope even they are based on HEC OEM...some members reported that they HEC OEM based PSU...

Kira said:
Sorry people but I have to disagree with any suggestions that involve Zebronics.

@OP
Please do not consider Zebronics/Iball/Intex/or any other el-cheapo PSUs.

You dont seem to be aware of the recent Zebronics Pro Power series of PSUs launched by Zebronics a while back! Reports suggest that the OEM is HEC just as sri_k as pointed it out.

The performance of the PSUs in terms of ripple/noise/efficiency is far better comparing other cheap PSUs including those of the older Zebronics Platinum series.

As for the OP's query, I doubt if the 1.1k budget would relatively fit the cheapest of the Pro series PSU though - the 350W Pro Power. It's priced at 1.5k by mediahome.in. I would not suggest the Powersafe 400W EX either. You're better off investing 400 more in a better power supply or get a slightly cheaper card and invest in the better PSU.

Gannu said:
You dont seem to be aware of the recent Zebronics Pro Power series of PSUs launched by Zebronics a while back! Reports suggest that the OEM is HEC just as sri_k as pointed it out.

I am aware of the newer ZEBs but i am still sticking to what i posted earlier, which is -- no to ZEBs.

Its my opinion that psu's are very important in any config. And its something very rarely changed unless the peripherals demand it explicitly.

A good psu whose OEMs are "well-known" to be "excellent" may cost more but atleast they provide what they're rated for & would also sustain any minor~medium upgrades in the future.

I'd say better off with HD4670 & money saved should go towards some other "better-than-ZEB" PSU.

P.S: Has anybody in this forum bought the newer ZEBs? Can they please put that PSU to test by running OCCT for 1 whole day?

njankit said:
Is VIP 400 EX an FSP rebranded PSU like Powersafe Silver ones?
How do i find who is the OEM?

I have this PSU which I purchased thinking it was the FSP. I assure you it is not. There was a time the VIP silver series had a better rep than the gold. Apparently, VIP uses that rep to continue marketing this PSU in place of the older one letting us believe it is the FSP.

Back