Urgent Help!!!

gaidu

Disciple
I have 2 hdd . 1 is 160 gb and other is 500 gb (recently RMAed).I have installed Window XP on 500Gb as primary drive and it is working fine. Now the problem come wenever i try to istall Windows 7 on 500gb hdd, the system just get hanged . If i try windows 7 on 160 then it work like a charm but if i try to access any data stored in 500gb hdd , it again get hanged up. Now the same setup is working fine on 2 of my frnds who has almost same rigs as mine .

PLZZ need urgent Help reagrding this.

Hi Sorry for late reply as i am in office and busy. Did you check the 500gb hdd on friends computer. Windows 7 hangs on the setup or it hangs after the installation finishes.

Just a note if the setup is hanging in start or appearing to be hung just wait on that screen for 5-10mins as it has done this for me on some pc's but after 5-10mins it start's again reason unknown. I have not searched anything regarding this as it is just one time as bearable for me.

salman8506 said:
Hi Sorry for late reply as i am in office and busy. Did you check the 500gb hdd on friends computer. Windows 7 hangs on the setup or it hangs after the installation finishes.

Just a note if the setup is hanging in start or appearing to be hung just wait on that screen for 5-10mins as it has done this for me on some pc's but after 5-10mins it start's again reason unknown. I have not searched anything regarding this as it is just one time as bearable for me.

Thnk 4 the reply .. windows 7 get installed properly .. it only hanged wenever i try to access any file stored on 500gb hdd

Means You install and boot from the 500gb hdd and windows hangs whenever you try to access any file on the same hdd. Does the My computer hang or does it hang whenever you click any file. I suspect to be a problem with some other hardware on your pc. Which can be conflicting with the hdd as your hdd looks ok to me. Can you check by running only the 500gb alone and see whether you can access the files. Ie: Remove the 160gb.

arey magar if the os is booting via the 500gb why is it hanging when accessing any file.

Xp install karke dekh usme hang hota hai kya. kisi friend ke pc pe try karke dekh na.

Back