Laptops URGENT!! Laptop Display DAMAGED!

Hi friends, I'm in a huge trouble. I hav a laptop Compaq CQ45 112AU which belongs to a friend. Today it got slipped from my lap and its display has got broken. Its 14.1" WXGA LCD(1280x800) panel. I hav to change/fix it before returning it to my friend. Plz tell me hw and where it can be repaired other than HP service center. Also hw much expense will occur in this process. I'm really Fu**ed up with this. I also took it to HP service center and they told me that it will cost around 8-10K to change the LCD.

PLZ PLZ HELP ME, I NEED TO FIX THIS PROBLEM ASAP!

yea hp will charge bs price. what u can do is try local shop if u can find in ur city i hope they will do it in 5to 6k else try fix it in delhi or some city near you. but dont expect less then 5k. if u lucky may be u find someone selling lcd

ok...i was also thinking to get it repaired at delhi. but waiting for the final quote from hp sc. Shud i try to source the LCD frm ebay.in or gadgets.in and replace it myself with the help of youtube tutorial? I'm really feeling bad about the LCD and about the damage gonna happen with my pocket... :(

Well get prices idea from delhi nehru place or check if someone selling some spare parts of dead laptop on tech enclave or ask local repair people in delhi. I guess it should be done within 5k or so. I reason to go and done at repair shop because he will give 6 months warranty on part and repair so thats the plus point. my friend replaced his mobo and got 6 months shop keepers warranty so its good and safe

never get from unknown sources,many sellers are selling refurbished/pulled out LCD displays on the market, as new esp.ebay.in !!!

amd999 said:
never get from unknown sources,many sellers are selling refurbished/pulled out LCD displays on the market, as new esp.ebay.in !!!

point here is saving money and if person giving 6 months warranty like given to my friend whats the harm because even if he goes and spend big amount at hp they going to put used one and will not give single day warranty

I hav to look for a non-hp shop for sure since hp svc hav quoted me whooping 18,888/- for the LCD (only after charging Rs.300/- as quotation charges) . So now I'll go NP for the solution.

i would have loved to help you in replacing the same...have ripped apart laptops for lcd and hinge replacements in the past, i just love doing it :p ....i got a LCD recently for a 15" WS for ~6.5k with 6 months warranty!!! that too a branded and not a chinese 1st copy. so thats the price u would get it for....infact the dealer i got it from offered that he would even replace it for me in that same price.....and especially seeing the laptop all ripped up he was more than happy to help fit it back :lol:. 18,888/- for the LCD is insane! try locally.

Finally got the LCD replaced....whoosh! the damage i faced was Rs.3900/- for a new 14.1" 1280x800 LG LCD (all brands cost same and bear same warranty) thanks to all for replying in the thread :)

Back