Urgent: Need Help iOS 6 iTunes Restore Failed, iPhone stuck in iTunes mode

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Jun 3, 2007
Kalyan, Mumbai
Ok its past 2 am & i am going crazy trying to get my iphone 4 back up.

It is Jailbroken, was on iOS 5.1.1 9206 I was trying to update to iOS 6 but the downloading via iTunes was taking too long.. so i used a download manager & downloaded the ipsw from a link
the file name was iPhone3,1_6.0_10A403_Restore and it verifies and all fine.

I connected my iphone and backed it up, held on shift key and pressed restore in itunes selected the ipsw file & it started restoring, seemed normal & i have done it a few times before.

almost the end of it i get an error The iPhone could not be restored. An Unknown error occurred (14) and the iphone was showing the connect to iTunes logo. I tried a restart of my computer & the iphone & tried again.. still same error

So i thought i'd go back to the firmware i was on & then try to restore to iOS 6. So i did the same step as above & selected the 5.1.1 ipsw, it started doing its thing but in a few minutes i got another error. The iPhone could not be restored. An Unknown error occured (3194)

I've tried from DFU mode as well & it didin't work from there. so do you guys have any idea on how to fix this or should i throw it out?

paarkhi

Skilled
Mar 26, 2010
Don't throw it out, give it to me...lol, search Google for the error code, I'm sure something would turn up

aasimenator

MCITP 2008
Reseller
Jun 3, 2007
Kalyan, Mumbai
Thank you guys but i think it was the firmware that i downloaded that was the issue. I let iTunes download the firmware and restore it & it worked. restoring my apps right now. It sucks that there is no Cydia yet.

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
Thank you guys but i think it was the firmware that i downloaded that was the issue. I let iTunes download the firmware and restore it & it worked. restoring my apps right now. It sucks that there is no Cydia yet.

With iPhone 4 and iOS 6, jailbreak should be out pretty soon. It is the A5X and A6 devices which might take longer.