Laptops [Urgent] Need suggestion about sub 30k laptop !!!!

Hi Guys !
I need to buy a laptop within this week. Budget is about 25-28k...can go upto 30k max but not more than that.
Here are my needs. Please suggest the best laptop in thi srange

1.Dual core proccy....wont mind turion
2.2GB ram + Vista Aero capable graphics
3.160+ GB hdd
4.14/15" widescreenpanel
5.Wifi and other regular stuffs

bluetooth and webcam are welcome but I know at this range its hard to get

Os not needed.Probably dual boot with ubuntu and vista home premium.

Please suggest guys.
Thnx in advance

sidewinder2008 said:
zeroing in on acer 4530 .... any other suggestion ?

:hap2: Based on what reviews I have read, Aspire 4530 is the best option for around 30K range. I will too possibly go for it, by end of this month.

hi ......

accer 4530 is good and this one able to fulfill your requirements and buddy.... :hap2: it has inbuild webcam also

NICE DAY

I have a question. Acer site states that it includes either Vista home premium or Linpus linux light.
Now my question is is the price 29k includes the price of vista home premium OEM or just with the linux??

And how much it will cost to add another 1gb of RAM directly from acer ???

sidewinder2008 said:
I have a question. Acer site states that it includes either Vista home premium or Linpus linux light.
Now my question is is the price 29k includes the price of vista home premium OEM or just with the linux??

And how much it will cost to add another 1gb of RAM directly from acer ???

The 29.x version comes with Linpus LINUX. I think the model with Vista costs 2K more. Adding 1GB RAM will cost approximately 1.2K with the dealer. Please check if warranty gets void if you add RAM yourself. If you do it yourself, you can save a few hundreds. But confirm about warranty.

dennis_nail said:
The 29.x version comes with Linpus LINUX. I think the model with Vista costs 2K more. Adding 1GB RAM will cost approximately 1.2K with the dealer. Please check if warranty gets void if you add RAM yourself. If you do it yourself, you can save a few hundreds. But confirm about warranty.

Corrections:

1. Replacing warranty Correction: HDD/RAM :p from anywhere DOES NOT void warranty. So get it done from any dealer instead of Acer guys who ll probably charge more.

2. RAM prices have dropped. 2Gb corsair stick for laptop = 1275 :D

^^ Thnx guys ! I will make sure that I dont void the warranty !
Some of my friends are asking me to avoid acer for slappy after sales service and go for lenovo g510 instead for apprx 31k.

what about the after sales service of acer guys ?? is it really that bad ?

I don't have first hand information with Acer after sales service, but if you compare the specs of Aspire 4530 and Lenovo G510 (the 31K model), there is a vast amount of difference. The 4530 is a much better overall package, and i feel the Acer build quality has improved a lot over past couple of years. Lets wait for someone to comment on Acer after sales service based on their own experience. But in India, I doubt whether Lenovo's after sales service would be much different than Acer's.

dennis_nail said:
if you compare the specs of Aspire 4530 and Lenovo G510 (the 31K model), there is a vast amount of difference. The 4530 is a much better overall package,

Yups...thats what I feel too ! 99% I am inclined towords acer 4530

dennis_nail said:
But in India, I doubt whether Lenovo's after sales service would be much different than Acer's.

Agreed. Specially after somebody in the forum having horror stories with dell..the suppossed to be having the best ASS (after slaes service..hehehe..pun intended) :bleh: :bleh: ..

+1 for acer model. i have it too. no probs so far. and my review in techenclave's review section shud give u an idea about its performance

+1 from me too.

Used Acer when everybody warned me about their build and @$$.

Buy it and also at a later stage buy the 3 year warranty. Helps you in the long run. My laptop is 2.5 years old now and still under warranty.

Hmm...went to supreme kolkata today to enquire about the laptop.
They are asking 30.5k for this acer model ..that too without vista.
Has the price gone up or they just trying to rob me ??? can anybody confirm the latest price ??

The "official" price the dealer quoted here in Goa is also 30.5K, But then he said whenever you are ready to buy, please let us know, we can "work it out"..:eek:hyeah:

Meaning, bargain with the dealer, price is sure to come down.. These days the dealers are not having too good a time with sales :bleh:

sidewinder2008 said:
Hmm...went to supreme kolkata today to enquire about the laptop.
They are asking 30.5k for this acer model ..that too without vista.
Has the price gone up or they just trying to rob me ??? can anybody confirm the latest price ??

just 1 of my friend got it in bangalore for 31.2 k......but i think he didn do much bargaining ..will say exert some pressure on dealer and get it 4 30 k most....ask d dealer for extra ram as it comes wid 1gb 1ly and just check its not voidin their warranty as acer warranty is on d stickers backside.......add all up and make a deal for all at 31k....i hv dis lappy n pretty satisfied....cant say about after service ...9 months never needed 2 go...hope best.....

Acer's ASS is good a friend of mine had some problem and they fixed it right away. 4530 model is an Upgraded version of 4520 which is time tested and really reliable too.

Looks are also good.

Specs are really good.

Its official price here in Mumbai is 30.5K, you can get it for 29K + add 900bucks for 1gb more of ram[replace the original 1gb and an add two 1gb modules of Transcend or Corsair from the same dealer].

ACER Mall [near PRIME] has this model and will give you the best price too.

Back