Android Urgent, Samsung Galaxy F62 - SIM card region unlock

Synth-Pop

Adept
hi,

I urgently needed a mobile to ship it abroad to my sister, so without any discussions or suggestions bought this Samsung F62 in first sale from Flipkart.
received it right now every thing is working fine as expected, though samsung's is not for me.
I need to make sure it should work outside India,
is there any region lock on this phone ? or what kind of activation I need to do with initially using Sim card issued in India.
see the pic below, this sticker was on the box. photo taken before opening it.

Do I only need to make a call for more than 5 mins from Indian sim ? or what ?
just had a chat with samsung support, he asked me to visit nearest service center to get it region unlocked.
so should I visit service center or what ?
please help, I need to ship this item asap.

P_20210225_130957.jpg

The second line does say a cumulative call time of 5 min must be placed from an Indian SIM, so call to anyone should work. You could pop in your sim, setup device, call to someone for 5 min and send the device to her.

OR, return the phone and get a region-unlocked phone but I don't think you'd have that much time.

I had chat support and even called the customer care they provided some misleading info.
any how I got a notification something like it's registered on samsung servers.
moreover startup guide provided more info on this, I think sometimes it's worth to read the manual or documentation provided.
hopefully It should work now as expected.
thank you all for your support.

The second line does say a cumulative call time of 5 min must be placed from an Indian SIM, so call to anyone should work. You could pop in your sim, setup device, call to someone for 5 min and send the device to her.

OR, return the phone and get a region-unlocked phone but I don't think you'd have that much time.
Hi guys, greetings from Europe! Could any of you maybe help me in purchasing a Samsung Galaxy F62 in the Indian market and have it delivered to Europe?? Trying to find a way to get this phone for ages .... was not launched in any other market but India.. Thank you for any feedback
hi,

I urgently needed a mobile to ship it abroad to my sister, so without any discussions or suggestions bought this Samsung F62 in first sale from Flipkart.
received it right now every thing is working fine as expected, though samsung's is not for me.
I need to make sure it should work outside India,
is there any region lock on this phone ? or what kind of activation I need to do with initially using Sim card issued in India.
see the pic below, this sticker was on the box. photo taken before opening it.

Do I only need to make a call for more than 5 mins from Indian sim ? or what ?
just had a chat with samsung support, he asked me to visit nearest service center to get it region unlocked.
so should I visit service center or what ?
please help, I need to ship this item asap.

View attachment 100911
Hi guys, greetings from Europe! Could any of you maybe help me in purchasing a Samsung Galaxy F62 in the Indian market and have it delivered to Europe?? Trying to find a way to get this phone for ages .... was not launched in any other market but India.. Thank you for any feedback

Last edited:
I had chat support and even called the customer care they provided some misleading info.
any how I got a notification something like it's registered on samsung servers.
moreover startup guide provided more info on this, I think sometimes it's worth to read the manual or documentation provided.
hopefully It should work now as expected.
thank you all for your support.
What else did it say other than using the phone for cumulative five minutes? or what was not mentioned here so far

What else did it say other than using the phone for cumulative five minutes? or what was not mentioned here so far
Nothing else was mentioned or suggested by customer care. Phone worked fine after it was registered, it took only a couple of mins.

Back