Urgent: Some info about PS3 from US

montylee

Skilled
My friend is about to return from US and wants to get a PS3. He is getting a good deal on 80GB PS3. I have suggested him to get an addition Dualshock 3 controller. Now, he wants a list of games he can buy (old and new games).
1) Where should he get the PS3 from US? He is getting a deal of $340 on 80GB PS3. Is it good enough or is there a better deal available?

2) Which games should he get for the PS3?
I think atleast MGS4 is a must...

@ montylee....can u let me know where ure friend is getting it for 340$ ...seems like a good deal and a friend of mine was also on the look out good ps3 deals....

one general query....when he gets the ps3 to India would he be needing voltage converter ...or does PS3 accept direct 220V AC????

paroxy said:
@ montylee....can u let me know where ure friend is getting it for 340$ ...seems like a good deal and a friend of mine was also on the look out good ps3 deals....

one general query....when he gets the ps3 to India would he be needing voltage converter ...or does PS3 accept direct 220V AC????

http://news.cnet.com/pick-up-a-playstation-3-for-$339.99-shipped/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1040_3-0-5

dunno if its still valid or if it's even the same one

spindoctor said:
http://news.cnet.com/pick-up-a-playstation-3-for-$339.99-shipped/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1040_3-0-5

dunno if its still valid or if it's even the same one
yup, that's the deal. It was out of stock yesterday but now it's in stock, so i have asked my friend to get it asap.

Here's a list of games i am suggesting to him for now:
1) MGS4
2) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
3) Burout Dominator
4) LBP (not sure if he'll like this or not)
5) Heavenly Sword
6) Motostorm and Resistance 1 (these should be cheap as these are older games).

GTA4 and Dead Space can be played on PC, so won't suggest those ones.

Any other games?

montylee said:
3) Burout Dominator

I guess you are talking about Burnout Paradise. :p

Other than that, if your friend is interested in one on one fighting games, then Virtua Fighter 5, Soul Calibur 4 and probably Dragonball Z-Burst Limit (if he is a fan of the series) should be in his list.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is good game if he has the patience to play a with monstrous difficulty.

paroxy said:

PS3 accepts both voltages. I am using a US PS3. The other thing you want to be aware of would be US PS3 will only play NTSC DVD's and will play only US Region DVD's. DVD without region information will play without any problem but it has to be NTSC.

Back