[URGENT] UPS for PS3 and plasma... (APC BR1100CI-IN )

Hi All,

Looking for a UPS for my PS3 and plasma TV combined. (Might add my wifi router as well)
came across the APC ups BR1100CI-IN (1100va)
can you all suggest is this OK for the requirement?

a backup of 5 mins is sufficient..

Hi All,

Looking for a UPS for my PS3 and plasma TV combined. (Might add my wifi router as well)
came across the APC ups BR1100CI-IN (1100va)
can you all suggest is this OK for the requirement?

a backup of 5 mins is sufficient..

APC can be a blind-buy. Good reliable company. I am using an APC RS 650 for my Sony Bravia+PS3+STB+AC Ryan Player. It gives good backup. The BR1100 will give ~650W of backup. You need that much load..?

APC can be a blind-buy. Good reliable company. I am using an APC RS 650 for my Sony Bravia+PS3+STB+AC Ryan Player. It gives good backup. The BR1100 will give ~650W of backup. You need that much load..?
Thanks for the reply mate..
The devices planned are..
42inch plasma 200w
Ps3 80-90w
Htpc 150w
Wifi router and modem 35w
Tata sky.. 30w

But only 3 devices at a time may run..
I was only worried about the sinewave non sinewave thingy..

May I know how long you are using it? Just to know the effects of non sinewave on devices...

Thanks for the reply mate..
The devices planned are..
42inch plasma 200w
Ps3 80-90w
Htpc 150w
Wifi router and modem 35w
Tata sky.. 30w

But only 3 devices at a time may run..
I was only worried about the sinewave non sinewave thingy..

May I know how long you are using it? Just to know the effects of non sinewave on devices...

So your total runtime load will be: ~500W. And with a 10% overhead you would need: 550W. Then you should get the 1100VA series. I have been using my APC since the year when India won the World Cup cricket - 2011. I got it around that time. It has been running fine, with no battery change. I do not see any degradation in the device condition. On the other hand, I am using an APC RS1100 on my X-Fired / OC'ed gaming rig (it is old now) since 2008. I had to change the batteries once, for the bigger one. Again no device damage.

Go for APC. It is the best in class...!

I'm using this ups since last 6 months or so...
It used to power up my rig comprising of:-
  1. Samsung 23" PLS monitor
  2. Intex 2.1 ch subwoofers
  3. Intel i5 4690k + GTX 660 + 4 drives + 4 Fans + Corsair GS650
  4. Recently added a PS4 to it.. :)
Pros:-
  1. Around 20 mins backup for my desktop while gaming and a little bit more while watching movies or surfing internet
  2. Reliable surge protection
Cons:-
  1. Very noisy fan inside the UPS. The fan will turn on when the battery starts to charge and will turn off when the battery is fully charged. This is a very common issue with this very model.
  2. Very heavy. Around 13Kgs I think. My computer table's plank got bent with time and then I had to keep this thing on the ground.
  3. All 5 ports are indian style. 3 pin round ones. So no provision to connect any plug which has a flat pin.

Hi all,

so far it works fine.. gives enough backup to my modem and router (longest was 4.5 hrs)
not tried running TV and PS3 with backup.. should last long enough.
overall a very recommended if not, must have device..

Back