Budget 21-30k URGENT - your help required!

cool_dude

Disciple
Guys, with the help of TE gurus, I have decided on this PC config for my brother. Now, the problem is, my brother is on a very tight budget and hence we would like to change the config a bit. So, I have 2 questions for you.

1) Can I use the Cooler Master CMP-350 cabinet (which has an inbuilt PSU) instead of buying PSU/cabinet separately? I can save 2532 bucks this way. Will the inbuilt PSU suffice for this config? Please note that he has no plans to add any components (e.g. a graphics card) to this PC in future.
2) Gigabyte A55M DS2 OR ASUS F1A55-M LX PLUS, which motherboard is better?

Processor
AMD A6 3500
Motherboard
Gigabyte A55M DS2 / ASUS F1A55-M LX PLUS
Ram
Corsair 4 GB RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9)
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB HDD Internal Hard Drive
Optical Drive
LG/Samsung
PC Case
Cooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet (Red)
Power Supply Unit
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK PSU
Monitor
Samsung 18.5” monitor
Mouse+Keyboard
Dell KB, mouse combo
Speakers
BXR1221
UPS APC 600 VA

Sorry for the late reply mate. Yes you can use Cooler Master CMP-350 cabinet for your suggested rig.
No need to go for separate PSU and cabinet for your rig.

Guys, with the help of TE gurus, I have decided on this PC config for my brother. Now, the problem is, my brother is on a very tight budget and hence we would like to change the config a bit. So, I have 2 questions for you.

1) Can I use the Cooler Master CMP-350 cabinet (which has an inbuilt PSU) instead of buying PSU/cabinet separately? I can save 2532 bucks this way. Will the inbuilt PSU suffice for this config? Please note that he has no plans to add any components (e.g. a graphics card) to this PC in future.

ProcessorAMD A6 3500
MotherboardGigabyte A55M DS2 / ASUS F1A55-M LX PLUS
RamCorsair 4 GB RAM (CMV4GX3M1A1333C9)
Hard DriveWD Caviar Blue 500 GB HDD Internal Hard Drive
Optical DriveLG/Samsung
PC CaseCooler Master Elite 310 Cabinet (Red)
Power Supply UnitCorsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK PSU
MonitorSamsung 18.5” monitor
Mouse+KeyboardDell KB, mouse combo
SpeakersBXR1221
UPS APC 600 VA

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

2) Gigabyte A55M DS2 OR ASUS F1A55-M LX PLUS, which motherboard is better?

In my suggestion go with Gigabyte A55M DS2
You can see the difference through this two link given below.

ASUS (F1A55-M LX PLUS) micro ATX AMD A55 FCH Details
Gigabyte (GA-A55M-DS2) micro ATX AMD A55 Details

Hope this help.

Cheers.

Can you post the detailed pricing of the cabinets and PSUs?
A price difference of 2532 is huge.

Nobody knows about the PSU bundled with this CMP-350.
Please do not take advice from Mac.rock. He is confidently saying its good, but doesnt even know the specs of the PSU!

@Jarod Mate, I think you have some issue with me or with my giving suggestion to Op. But never mind let op to decide. Op go with Cmp 350 cabinet with Psu, But PSU is the problem by @Jarod. So tell the shopkeeper to change the PSU with Cm or VIP company. Even VIP silver can take a load of your rig without any doubt. But for the long life of your PSU go with VIP gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
[MENTION=43952]So tell the shopkeeper to change the PSU with Cm or VIP company. Even VIP silver can take a load of your rig without any doubt. But for the long life of your PSU go with VIP gold.
Its already a CM PSU, why should he change it with another CM?
There are many CM models.. which CM should he change it with?

VIP silver > VIP gold .
Do you know who the OEM for VIP silver and VIP gold is?
Do you have ripple, voltage regulation, efficiency charts for any of these PSUs?
What are you basing your suggestion on? Please enlighten me!

@Jarod Mate, I think you have some issue with me or with my giving suggestion to Op.
Yup I do.. you make half baked suggestions everywhere!

Earlier, you recommended a crappy Sandforce drive over a Crucial M4 and instead of cross checking which is better, you confidently said - "let the OP decide"!
Since you look like some 3 yr old kid who just found google, why dont you google "Sandforce BSOD". Read all available threads on google.
Once you are done 200 years would have passed by, and by then hopefully you will be an SSD guru, and we would also be spared of your ridiculous comments.

If you like to buy junk thats fine.. dont go about recommending junk to people who are looking for good advice.
Please stay off the tech suggestions threads.
And yeah, stop trying to imitate Alpha.

Hope this helps! Cheers! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup I do.. you make half baked suggestions everywhere!
Once you are done 200 years would have passed by, and by then hopefully you will be an SSD guru, and we would also be spared of your ridiculous comments.

If you like to buy junk thats fine.. dont go about recommending junk to people who are looking for good advice.
Please stay off the tech suggestions threads.
And yeah, stop trying to imitate Alpha.
Hope this helps! Cheers! LOL

I'm sorry for giving all wrong suggestion. Please TE guys go and ask all your doubts to the Jarod[ The tech guru for the past 200 years].
But i will accept my this mistake, the logo of Mr ALPHA17 use by me.
and I'm apologize to ALPHA17.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

I'm apologize to all MOD and adminstrator for my bad behaviour.

Thanks for posting guys. But what's the final conclusion? Should I buy this cabinet or not? (I don't have any info about the clubbed PSU.)

Until and unless you post specs of your PSU, one can't help you. Just take a snap of its specs and post, like this>

Attachments

• 64625x2.jpg
    64625x2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 81
Back