OC & Modding US Army Humvee Casemod

This is by far my biggest project to date. After building my Panther Tank casemod, many people asked me about everything from design to materials, because they wanted to copy it, and for me that means, I haven't done my work good enough....therefore I wanted to make a new casemod, that would be much harder and more difficult to duplicate.

So this is how my US Army Humvee project started. This time I wanted to make a casemod that looked as close to the original as possible. So I decided to make an US Army Humvee that is being used today in Iraq. The decision behind that is....1. I love the Hummer, one of the coolest vehicles ever build.... 2. Because I pretty early realised the potential of this car as a casemod. I wanted this casemod to be used like a normal computer, with access to CD/DVD/Floppy, Fanbus, USB, Firewire, Power/Reset and many other things in the front, and all the cables to come out from the back of my Humvee, like in a normal case.
So it was a bit complicated to design this case. I spent close to 500 hours over a 5 month’s time to build it. The main reason for this is primarily lack of funding, so everything had to made by myself.
But from here on you can see how the project proceeded.....

63.jpg

68.jpg

85.jpg

99.jpg

110.jpg

Source & for step by step images can be found here
Very nice work!reps to him!

Well....what can i say...this is awesome work......
Some ppl have all the time in the world to do such stuff....and i must say...they are good at it.

Anyone here plans to do something similar??Maybe not a Humvee but an Ambassidor or Fiat??:bleh:

Back