US Deal : Nokia N8 Green for USD 329.99 (actual USD 499.99) at Dell + Free Shipping

Re: US Deal : Nokia N8 Green for USD 329.99 (actual USD 499.99) at Dell + Free Shippi

I am in but i dont have anyone from US :(

Re: US Deal : Nokia N8 Green for USD 329.99 (actual USD 499.99) at Dell + Free Shippi

You can probably use Aramex but consider the following:
Shipping to NY will attract 9% tax. Other than this there'll be $18 shipping (this will be surely over 500 gms considering dell's packaging) & 5.3% customs on the declared value which in this case would be 5.3% on 499.99.

It's a great deal if someone can get it from the States.

is it possible to use the same coupon with any other item ,

I can get new sealed box nokia n8 any color from grey market at 18k+shipping

veer_singh said:
is it possible to use the same coupon with any other item ,

I can get new sealed box nokia n8 any color from grey market at 18k+shipping
New one with bill is available for 22.25k in Mumbai.

Why don't you start a [GO] for the N8 at 18k, I am sure there'll be many takers at 18k + shipping.

Imo, not worth it anymore, considering the increase in import duty on phones, plus the shipping charges definitely will be $18 through Aramex.

It'll cost you around Rs.1900 over the price of the phone to get it here.

And as Veer_singh mentioned above, this phone is easily available for around 18k-19k locally.

And guys,no offence but lol, you are still considering buying symbian at these rates? :p

@nehal : no use of starting go because galaxy S & zte blade are ruling :D , and N8 is not worth IMHO

Private Ryan said:
And guys,no offence but lol, you are still considering buying symbian at these rates? :p

It is a best camera mobile on planet. period.

yogeshtulsiani said:
You can probably use Aramex but consider the following:

Shipping to NY will attract 9% tax. Other than this there'll be $18 shipping (this will be surely over 500 gms considering dell's packaging) & 5.3% customs on the declared value which in this case would be 5.3% on 499.99.

It's a great deal if someone can get it from the States.
custom is 1.03% only

Symbian OS Suc** !!
No point getting a N8.
Better to opt for Galaxy S or wait for Nokia to launch their new OS which would atleast take another 6-8 months.

Budget changes will be brought after 1st april ?

^ Have you guys ever wondered why in a country where reforms

for the benefit of the citizens take ages to get implemented, but

'reforms' to drain our pockets are implemented overnight? Sometimes

even unofficially! Who says babus are an inactive, sleepy lot? :D

^ Have you guys ever wondered why in a country where reforms

for the benefit of the citizens take ages to get implemented, but

'reforms' to drain our pockets are implemented overnight? Sometimes

even unofficially! Who says babus are an inactive, sleepy lot?

Hahahaha! Agree with you :)

avi said:
It is a best camera mobile on planet. period.
If its solely the camera for which you are buying this phone, why not get a decent 12mp digicam for half the price of the N8? I can assure you it'll beat the N8 left, right and center. Because apart from the camera, nothing justifies the 22k pricetag for a phone running on an archaic OS. Nokia has lost its novelty value. They'd better understand this or perish.

Samsung, HTC (even LG) are making phones these days which are not only technologically superior to Nokia, but they are proving to be just as reliable. I'm especially stunned by how resilient the Galaxy S phones are to wear n tear and rough use. Sammy and HTC are ruling the roost these days and LG, Motorola are catching up with them. The only one left behind is Nokia.

^^Agreed,samsung is making great phones,but cannot say the same for htc.They make beasty phones with weak batteries making them almost unusable after 5-6 months and their sound quality is just pathetic.Look at desire hd,it barely lasts a day with moderate usage and it`s s.q is same piss poor as hd2 and desire.Symbian on the other hand is miles behind android,it is older and uglier than android BUT it`s multimedia capability and battery management is still better than android(rather android on htc)

^ Could be true. I have no personal experience with HTC phones as I always prefer Samsung over HTC. My view was solely based on the large fan following for HTC phones in forums like Xda and Android central. :p But personally I'd never pick an HTC if an equivalent Sammy is around. :p

For the multimedia capabilities, imo its kinda subjective, but Samsung Galaxy S is awesome as far as sound quality goes. And if the stock player doesnt satisfy, just download Poweramp. Its the best music player for Android. Also the stock video player is very good and plays 720p vids without any issues whatsoever. The N8's video playback is a hit and miss, especially with divx videos.

Seriously, with a 3.5" AMOLED screen, a 680 mhz processor, a grandpa age operating system and just a 1200mah battery, one has to be a diehard fan of Nokia to justify a pricetag of 22k when you can get a gorgeous 4" SUPER AMOLED display with a 1 Ghz processor, Android OS, awesome multimedia capabilities, a good enough 1500 mah battery for around the same price. (Dealers are clearing SGS stock at 21-22k) Camera alone simply doesnt justify the N8 price tag, imho. You could get a good entry level DSLR for a couple grands more and blow the N8 camera to smithereens. :p

Back