iOS USA Iphone 6 no service and repair in India

baselu

Recruit
Hi,
I bought a new iphone 6 when I visited USA. I was promised it has international warranty. Recently I cracked my display and took it to apple premium center, shocked to hear the response, we do not do anything with US iphone's and they call iphone 6 as parts.

I tried raising a complaint with apple and nothing happened, some one from apple just called that is all.......I wasted lots of my time.

I guess Apple is no more a great company in terms of customer service.

From skype call to apple US customer care and explain them issue. Through skype US toll free number works for free :)

Apple never had international warranty on phones, They gave u the wrong info. Anyway if the display is cracked it does not cover under warranty by any company. Ask them to replace the phone with another should charge u some where around 21k for the swap, if they say no then get it repaired from a local service guy cost approx 8k

^ not sure how much it's true... But personal experience is different. I replaced the battery of iphone 5 under battery replacement program in a country where no official apple store is present.

I am ready to pay the money, I am not looking for warranty, I told I can pay the replacement amount. But Still apple is not ready to service the phone as it is purchased from USA.
I have checked with apple store whether this will work in India they said Yes. I was expecting them to say the service is not available in India. I expect that difference from apple compared to other companies.

Apple never had international warranty on phones, They gave u the wrong info. Anyway if the display is cracked it does not cover under warranty by any company. Ask them to replace the phone with another should charge u some where around 21k for the swap, if they say no then get it repaired from a local service guy cost approx 8k
Karan, I am ready to pay the 23k because I had lots of important data in that phone, but still they said they cannot replace the phone itself.

24k, for replacement for indian units.

local repair will get it fixed but fingerprint sensor won't work.

^ not sure how much it's true... But personal experience is different. I replaced the battery of iphone 5 under battery replacement program in a country where no official apple store is present.

doesn't happen in india

I am ready to pay and swap the phone but that facility is not available in India.

I am not looking for warranty I want to service the phone, I am ready to pay the money. I rely on this phone for lots of my official purpose.
Get it replaced by a third party then. I had bought one for 5500 and replaced it myself. Anyone should do the same for you in 6-7k.

If nothing is working out here , I would suggest get it to US using any friend who is going there and get it repaired there. I know they replace the screen for 200$ or so in apple store if the phone is still in 1 year applecare warranty.

Get it replaced by a third party then. I had bought one for 5500 and replaced it myself. Anyone should do the same for you in 6-7k.
+1. I havent used / repaired iphone but fixing replacing parts is no big deal. And is quite cost effective for out of warranty repairs. So called authorised service centers are just leechers in the name of originals. Get screen from ebay.com from hong kong seller and fix it urself or get it fixed from decent person. Will work out much better than getting it replaced from apple service.

Back