PC Peripherals USB 3.0 PCI card

bookoon

Disciple
Hi Folks
I need your advise to update my knowledge on USB 3.0 PCI cards.
I am afraid that I will be utilizing all the USB pots available in my PC very soon and I do not have very good experiences with USB hubs. Thus, I was considering procuring something like this.

Is this is good idea?

Yeah its a good idea. Get PCI-e for better bandwidth. Check this thread for inputs : http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/query-about-usb-3-0-pcie-cards.146498/

Thanks..Crazy_Eddy.
Need to check the options in my MOBO. I will be putting in the GFX card and this one. Need to understand as in which component fits where..:dummy:.. i will read the tread again :hungover:
It seems that there are some SATA to USB3.0 connectors also? Did I understand that correctly? In that case, this will be better since I have a few Sata points available.

Your motherboard has a USB 3.0 header for an additional 2 ports. Look for a USB 3.0 bracket and just connect it to that : http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubSearch?qwd=usb 3.0 bracket&catId=&_df=force . Since your board has only one additional PCI-e slot (in addition to the PCI-e slot for the GPU), you can save it for something else should you need it.

Thanks, Crazy_Eddy
I will then need a cabinet that has two floppy drive port. I also have a card reader which goes in the same place..brr... I think CM k380 has place for two floppy drives. (if i can finally get hold of the cabinet..that is..it is). So this should work.
However the PCIe cards (it seems) have two advantages
1. They are four port or more available
2. They have power enhanced ports also (don't know the technical term)

except for GPU, what else would I need the PCIs slot for, I was told by one of the TE members that Crossfire is not possible on this MOBO, although gigabyte says it does.:confused: . Crazy_Eddy ?

I am not very sure about overseas websites, HailStonE
I will check out the ebay.in item; but you need to tell me what is NEC and how is it related to Win 8 :oldman:[DOUBLEPOST=1371043876][/DOUBLEPOST]
Audio card
That is another use for pci slot.

Hi pratikb
Thanks for that. It never came into my mind; probably since I am quite OK with the on board sound card. I am not going to use the PC for much music play since i have the Onkyo to take care of that :headphone:

I am not very sure about overseas websites, HailStonE
I will check out the ebay.in item; but you need to tell me what is NEC and how is it related to Win 8 :oldman:

You should actually try DX to source affordable peripherals. They are genuine & I'd used them numerous times. If a package is lost then they either send another or refund your money.Usually get stuff in ~10-12 days or more.

NEC is the original manufacturer of USB 3.0 chips for controller cards & mobo's which means they would be solid on the driver front even for a generic card..

My last few experience with dx have been horrible. Never received the shipment. Had to wait 60 days as per their policy. They agreed to re ship the order and did not receive that also.

thanks to both of you HailStonE and mk151
My local vendor told me that a USB3 +card reader combo is available from Cooler Master for 3500 INR. Have you ever heard of this? I will check too.
DX site seems nice, btw.. I will probably try out some low value deals to check this out :)

My last few experience with dx have been horrible. Never received the shipment. Had to wait 60 days as per their policy. They agreed to re ship the order and did not receive that also.

I had mostly pleasant experiences with them. Depends from place to place I guess.

I had mostly pleasant experiences with them. Depends from place to place I guess.

I am checking some of the items on the site like the follwoing which has NEC mentioned. So hope this will work under Win 8
USB 3.0 PCI-Express 4-Port Expansion Card

I was also interested in the following. please advise on these :) (next month is increment due..so let me make full use of it..hehehe)
All-in-1 5.25" USB 3.0 Multi-Function Front Panel Media Card Reader Dashboard (1.7" LCD)
5.25" Media Dashboard Front Panel PCI-E to 2 x USB 3.0 + SATA + eSATA + Card Reader + Power Combo

Hi Crazy_Eddy
Since I am not going to use an audio card, nor another GFX card on the second PCIe slot, can i go ahead with USB3.0 PCI converter? Do you think I might need the PCIe slot for anything else? :dead:

Back