Usb dac/amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bit trouble with my E5. When i use it while charging from a USB port, there is a hissing at higher volume all the time, and it vanishes immediately i remove the USB.
Also there is some strange screeching noise sometimes when i move the mouse :S
Seems like some serious interference coming through the USb cable. Its perfectly fine when not USB not plugged it.
SO i guess a DAC + E5 will lead to similar effects, and might cause more noise than the Mark IV. Anyway im getting the Mark IV for my SHP 8900.
Will look for a simple DAC for other headphones, which are easy to drive.

I guess you just have a noisy USB port.

try running it the rear USB ports if you are using the front, and if that doesnt help,

try running it off a mains -USB adapter/one of those mini usb phone chargers.

I have only one USB adaptor running off the mains, but it is a cheap sub 100 bucks one. Im too scared to use it. Anyway will try it. But it beats the purpose :(

try using it with another PC. if the noise is still there, i think you might need to RMA it. else its just your mobo which passes a lot of noise to the USB port

@BF1983

got the Mark IV. It sounds almost same as my HDA Explosion with S4580p Op-amps with neutral equlizer with the E5 without bass boost. Maybe very slight difference if you keen observe.

Btw my SHP 8900 is able to keep with 100% volume without any difficulty though its not the same with JVC RX900.

using equlizer on foobar to improve bass is making the sound hollow

So using it at lower volume and connected the E5 with its bass boost.

anyway BUMP for another DAC ....

FiiO E7 for less than 4k seems extreme vfm. Anyone who owns it, plz put some light on its quality.

A decent DAC, an amp and a DAC+AMP with display for sub 4k :O

wow

Just saw pics in your album ;)

Need to check out some reviews, and i need to to sell off some stuffs first before getting an expensive one :). SO will need some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back