USB DVD player help

boomshankar

Disciple
Hey guys need ur help as i need a dvd player with usb
that plays most of the formats i.e.:
Divx/Xvid(Must)
Mp4
mkv(Fingers crossed as i have lot of stuff in mkv)

no need for hdmi or video upscaling n stuff

Using my loyal 29 incher CRT :bleh:

Plz help:huh:

stay away from philips dear, this has been already posted in sevaral threads earlier. Their quality and UI sucks big time.

U can look forward to comments of members for LG and Samsung models, pioneer, i have read is quite good but costly. So mentioning ur budget would help members suggesting u options.

Cheers

nothing costing 4000-5000 will play mkvs. your best bet would be to convert them to a dvd and upconvert them on a nice upconverting dvd player like panasonic or toshiba. pioneer would be expensive but similar or better.

i have a ps3 and i watch my mkvs by transmuxing the mkv files to m2ts which is read my the ps3. basically muxing is just recoding the file and takes like 2 mins max for a 720p file on my amd desktop. muxing is NOT conversion!

onli for mobo proccy ram now

lol

current mobo's(MSI RS481-ILD) tv out is also very efficient

btw thanks guys for ur helpso far @frankmehta & @Harpy.eagle

get a baby atx board which they use in cars. like a via or something. buy a bluray drive for about 6-7k from kmd and get about 160gb hard drive and an 8gb pen drive so you can keep transferring stuff from the comp to this

alrady got an extra 250gb hdd in adition to my main 640

idon't think i'll go for blu ray playa for now co i don't have any blu ray stuff lol

I'll use my lg DVD RW for now with AMD 3200+ proccy N MSI- RS482 mobo(micra-atx btw) with 1 gb ram

i hope it will suffice

anythin else needed???

oh i just noticed.. you have a 29incher tv! why would you need anything high definition???????? mkvs store hd movie data well but its useless on a crt!

if you plan on upgrading to an lcd or a plasma, only then get an htpc. its useless on a crt. just get a good upscaling dvd player that plays divx for the moment

i would buy a pioneer, panasonic, toshiba, sony, mitashi in descending order.

pios are the best but mitashis are vfm. quality is a downslide in the order i have mentioned!

notice no philips. horrid ui!

Passion dvd player from future bazaar or your nearest bigbazaar..Good quality, super cheap price @abt 1300..If they even conk off you can get a new one:)

Plays almost all that you want..

Back