PC Peripherals usb ports not working ..Plz help

I got asus m2npv-vm mobo(download rig) which is brought 6 months back .Suddenly the usb ports stopped working(all the ports including 5,6,7 and 8 which are on the board).
Here are the things i tried.

1.First checked in the bios where the usb controller is enabled.updated the bios to the latest available version.
2.Installed the latest chipset drivers for both the vista and xp but no use as it din't work.
3.changed the smps with perfectly working one ..
4.Tested with 5 to 7 different usb connecting devices..
5.Checked in the device manager where there is no device with the yellow mark i also scanned several times for the new Hardware..
6.Checked the mobo for the burns

NOTE:When i connect devices i am getting power in them(w850 and pendrive)
.These devices are charging but thay are not getting detected..

The thing is except USB ports every thing is working fine..This is making me crazy:mad: :mad: :mad: . plz has anyone faced this problem before???..What i have to do next try linux???or ???????.

Same thing happened with me on my ASUS P4GE-MX mobo the usb controller has been damaged get a pci usb card even I was getting power ie my K750i was charging but it was not been detected.

@H@cKer
Thanks for the reply dude .How abt giving it to the Rasshi for the replacement??.or getting usb controller which one will be wise decision as i got the warranty left:S
plz guys reply..

even i got a prob with usb....its tht i cant get usb2.0...speed...alwayz asks to insert device into usb2.0 compliant..port
using winxp...so drivers are already included..also enabled usb 2.0 controller in bios

techfreak said:
@H@cKer
Thanks for the reply dude .How abt giving it to the Rasshi for the replacement??.or getting usb controller which one will be wise decision as i got the warranty left:S
plz guys reply..

Rashi is not known for their prompt or efficient after sales. They might take ages to repair/ replace ur board. If u don't have a problem with that, send to Rashi while keeping ur fingers crossed. Otherwise get a USB controller.

u can give it for rma ofter making sure that usb is not working at all.(though devices are drawing power)

a few more things that u may not have tried.

a. set bios to defaults

b. get a tested working usb drive from a frnd(one time my 3 usb drives went kaput togather and made me crazy , i though that my mobo had gone bad , after some days one of my frnd brought a pen drive , and it started working )

but if u don't have time on ur side u can always get pci usb cards. just make sure that they use a compatible chipset with ur os(via based usb cards are not always compatible wib linux)

Thanks for the reply guys ..I am going to S.P road today ask the dealer, who is friend of mine for 2-3 years :hap2: ..
How much the usb controller costs?which one to buy?:S

techfreak said:
I got asus m2npv-vm mobo(download rig) which is brought 6 months back .Suddenly the usb ports stopped working(all the ports including 5,6,7 and 8 which are on the board).

1.First checked in the bios where the usb controller is enabled.updated the bios to the latest available version.
2.Installed the latest chipset drivers for both the vista and xp but no use as it din't work.
5.Checked in the device manager where there is no device with the yellow mark i also scanned several times for the new Hardware..

The thing is except USB ports every thing is working fine..This is making me crazy:mad: :mad: :mad: . plz has anyone faced this problem before???..What i have to do next try linux???or ???????.

I have the same motherboard and had the same problem.

Has gone for replacement since its under warranty. Its the only solution.

@nordmariner

More details will be helpfull.Like where u given ur mobo for the replacement? .u got the replacement?(new one or repaired?).
anyway me not the only one with this strange problem:bleh:

techfreak said:
@nordmariner

More details will be helpfull.Like where u given ur mobo for the replacement? .u got the replacement?(new one or repaired?).

Nothing much to say mate.

I got a new asus m2npv-vm mobo on 12 th Jan 2008 with AMD processor etc.

Two and half months it worked ok. One fine morning none of my usb hdd/pendrives/ipod were getting detected. I thought the problem might be one of the port but soon I realized the all the ports were down.

Did a format and a clean installation of the OS just to make sure that my OS was not at fault. Still no luck.

Finally went to the service center and they confirmed that the mobo was kaput.

Got a temporary mobo from the dealer. ;)

It will take 15 days total as it was March ending and the mobo center is in Chennai.

techfreak said:
@nordmariner

Two and half months it worked ok. One fine morning none of my usb hdd/pendrives/ipod were getting detected. I thought the problem might be one of the port but soon I realized that all the ports were down.

Did a format and a clean installation of the OS just to make sure that my OS was not at fault. Still no luck.

It will take 15 days total as it was March ending and the mobo center is in Chennai.

techfreak said:
@nordmariner

Two and half months it worked ok. One fine morning none of my usb hdd/pendrives/ipod were getting detected. I thought the problem might be one of the port but soon I realized that all the ports were down.

It will take 15 days total as it was March ending and the mobo center is in Chennai. Since its under warranty I'm saved. Will get a new one :)

i got a similar problem. 3 of the 4 backside USB ports stopped working. have already ordered for a USB PCI card frm newegg via KMD.

EDIT:mine is a DFI Infinity NF4 board.

Ok guys First thanks to all for the help.I Finally went to S.p Road yesterday .The dealer there said that the asus m2n pv vm board is no longer available(Asus stopped it?:S ).He said that it will take 15 days for the replacement:mad: :mad: .Which he adviced instead to go to the Rasshi for the quick help:bleh: :bleh:
Tuff job and i decided to get an USB PCI controller(got tech-com for 200 Rs), And my problem is sloved and i also got samsung 20x drive for 1000 Rs net(Hate samsung but low on budget :( )

techfreak said:

H@cKer said:
Same thing happened with me on my ASUS P4GE-MX mobo the usb controller has been damaged get a pci usb card even I was getting power ie my K750i was charging but it was not been detected.

WingZero said:
even i got a prob with usb....its tht i cant get usb2.0...speed...alwayz asks to insert device into usb2.0 compliant..port
using winxp...so drivers are already included..also enabled usb 2.0 controller in bios

Heh even I got the same problem, thought i was the only one ... Looks like a common problem on Asus boards (I've got the Asus M2NMX)

Back