CPU/Mobo USB/PS2 continues to have power inspite of shutting down

bejay

Disciple
Hey guyz,

recently my old mobo got cooked n had to change over to a cheaper one of Mercurl (Via Chipset). after this i hv observed that thou i shutdown the computer, the gree LED which indicates power continues to burn faintly, PS2 Optical mouse LED continues to burn and USBs continues to hv power supply until i pull out the power cable. Why is this happening?? I believe it is also affecting the performance of my computer.

After i changed to this mobo i've been having another weird problem, i use skype for video chatting and now while i'm video chatting the webcam freezes after a while and needs to be unplugged and plugged back in for it to work again, then it works good for a while n then same problem n the same solution, i can't understand why this is happening now, and the weird part is that it happens only in the morning say between 2AM and 5AM, later to this time, if i turn off the computer and switch off the UPS for a while and turn it back on, then i won't hv any problem

Best Rgds
BJ

bejay said:
Hey guyz,

recently my old mobo got cooked n had to change over to a cheaper one of Mercurl (Via Chipset). after this i hv observed that thou i shutdown the computer, the gree LED which indicates power continues to burn faintly, PS2 Optical mouse LED continues to burn and USBs continues to hv power supply until i pull out the power cable. Why is this happening?? I believe it is also affecting the performance of my computer.

Sometimes happens with me as well; I mean I've seen the red sensor LED glowing in my Razer DA even if I switch off the comp; :ashamed:

I believe, the residual charges in the capacitors on the PSU is getting discharged that way; :)

Moreover no performance issues would be related to it;

After i changed to this mobo i've been having another weird problem, i use skype for video chatting and now while i'm video chatting the webcam freezes after a while and needs to be unplugged and plugged back in for it to work again, then it works good for a while n then same problem n the same solution, i can't understand why this is happening now, and the weird part is that it happens only in the morning say between 2AM and 5AM, later to this time, if i turn off the computer and switch off the UPS for a while and turn it back on, then i won't hv any problem

Are u sure using the webcam with the earlier motherboard didn't lead to freezes?? :S

I believe this's something related to the buffering and net connection speed;

Cos even I get ample freezes if I turn on the webcam while chatting in Yahoo Msngr; :)

This is actually a feaure . On my old mobo there used to be a jumper to set this . By enabling power to kb/mouse even when power button is fully off, you can configure the system start by pressing a key on keyboard or a mouse . Does ur cpu fan also continues to run ?

hey guyz,

thx for the quick reply

@ gannu, ok letz assume thats its discharging, but how long u reckon wud it taken for it to get completely discharged?? 8 hours shud be sufficient time eh??

and my webcam never had a problem when i had the old mobo, i hvn't changed the internet connection either

Yahoo msngr always freezes no matter what mobo or webcam used, yahoo servers r way too over loaded n slow, with skype i never had a single problem for ages and i get easy 15-20fps video on skype

@ raptor

Even i thought the same and checked my bios but "ANY KEY POWER ON" feature is disabled on my bios, and NO cpu fan nor the cabinet fan run after shutdown.

Best Rgds

BJ

Back